Collingwood front doors.

boater123

Featured Posts

Hi,

Does anyone know what wood Collingwood make the front doors out of on the widebeam sailaways?? Looks like Sapele but I'm not sure, I'd like to do the rest fo the boat in the same wood.

Help much appreciated, I've emailed them but they are notoriously slow in replying once you've given them your cash!

Cheers,

Will

The doors that I have seen appear to be in sapele as you say, it's not expensive to buy but like many of the "mahoganies" it can vary hugely in quality, colour, and ease of working. Sheet materials with sapele and other red hardwood veneer faces are also not as easily available in my area as in the past. In short it's not as popular as in the past, perhaps because overuse in your lining out gives a coffin like darkness which is no longer fashionable.

I've emailed them but they are notoriously slow in replying once you've given them your cash!

Sorry, I totally disagree with that. We are having a wide beam built by them at the moment. Email replies have been very fast coming in as well as tons of pictures of how our build is going. I have had the most excellent customer service from them.

Sorry, I totally disagree with that. We are having a wide beam built by them at the moment. Email replies have been very fast coming in as well as tons of pictures of how our build is going. I have had the most excellent customer service from them.

They haven't had all your money yet

Phil

Sapele?

pronounced sapeely ot sappelli?

I worked in Warri, Nigeria for Shell and we used to go to the Sapele Country Club to play golf at the weekend (only in the 'dry' season because in the rainy season it was a swamp).

It is sappelli, but my friends at Robbins Timber love to call it sapeely.