Nothing against cassettes - but ...

1st ade

Featured Posts

In either case, shit happens!!

Dave

That was going to be my title for the thread but thought the Mod's might block it.

The cassette's( which were in the bushes, not the cut) were relatively hygienic compared to a large black sack of soiled nappies; obviously been on the bank for a while as the sack had started to bio-degrade...

This clearly makes the case for compulsory pump out toilets on our inland waterways.

Helping my friend to move his newly purchased boat a couple of years back & having ceased boating in 1972 I was not up with self pump out kits but was assured that was what it was & the person on the boat in question was most certainly dumping the contents of his tank in the canal in a remote spot, the evidence was all around his boat, my friend challenged him but got a load of abuse, he said he would report him but I don't know the out come, so on that basis I guess I would would rather have the odd cassette in the hedgerow than however many litre's of raw c**p in the cut, be best without either

• Greenie 1

This clearly makes the case for compulsory pump out toilets on our inland waterways.

Unless you only have a small boat and cannot accommodate a ton of sewage anywhere complete with all the gear. There is also something about the word 'compulsory' that worries me. Anyway if some people think its ok to dump that sort of stuff all over the place there is no amount of regulation that will stop them. How about an 'advisory' spade to bury stuff, we carry one in France (be careful what you dig up on the Somme though, some of it can still go Bang)