Getting green mould off cratch cover

Featured Posts

Once cleaned off...rub it over with some clove oil on a cloth...(most chemists sell small bottles for a few quid)

Clove oil is deadly to mould....whereas mould can survive bleach. It just goes white and you think its gone.

I used it in a spray (diluted with some hot water and a little washing up liquid)

I sprayed all my curtains...shower... etc with it..before leaving the boat and never had mildew..

• Greenie 1

Once cleaned off...rub it over with some clove oil on a cloth...(most chemists sell small bottles for a few quid)

Clove oil is deadly to mould....whereas mould can survive bleach. It just goes white and you think its gone.

I used it in a spray (diluted with some hot water and a little washing up liquid)

I sprayed all my curtains...shower... etc with it..before leaving the boat and never had mildew..

Great tip will try that :)

I used to be a marine valet at one time and each year I post the pro method of cleaning cratch and canopies, which doesn't involve laying on the ground and scrubbing, I did this last week but to be honest I can't be arsed to do it all again a week later.

Phil

Seems to work on keeping domestic roofs free of moss:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=copper+strip+roof+moss

I s'pose the rain picks up some CO2 making a weak carbonic acid (a bit like coke) that then dissolves a trace amount of copper.

Lead has a similar effect judging from the house roofs round here.

I used to be a marine valet at one time and each year I post the pro method of cleaning cratch and canopies, which doesn't involve laying on the ground and scrubbing, I did this last week but to be honest I can't be arsed to do it all again a week later.

Phil

I read it last week - 'twas good :)

Phil

You appear to have gone to the trouble of posting some information just to tell the OP that you're not going to post any information!

Perhaps this is the link that you might have posted? biggrin.png

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33925