Four Bedroom House on Rightmove (ideal for CWDF members)

NickF

Featured Posts

Seems a bit of a daft idea to advertise it on RightMove.

Possibly, but I have seen a number of narrowboats on there over the least few years. They are generally billed as "One bedroom flat" or similar. How successful the adverts are I have no idea.

Our friends sold their boat through an estate agent ....I thought it was a strange idea until they explained how much they had saved on agents fees. It worked for them and I suppose if you were selling a boat with a residential mooring it could be a good idea

There was recently a case with trading standards, someone complained that an agent had misled them by advertising a narrowboat as a 1 bedroom flat. Trading standards ruled in favour of the agent as it's actually due to rightmove limitations that you HAVE to pick a housing category set by them, and boat is not one of them.

If someone came to my office for a valuation, I'd go see it, but I'd probably decline to take on the instruction, and I like to think I'd know more than most agents when it comes to selling. It just wouldn't be worth the amount of timewasters who think it would be fun just to go look at a boat.

its rather lovely....

goes away to count pennies.....

I agree it looks good side on from half a mile away, but disappointing there are no proper pictures, or details, of the boat itself.

I disagree about the interior, the fit out looks cheap and amateurish to my eye. Varnished pine is never a good look, and wasn't even back in the 70s when it was fashionable!

I agree it looks good side on from half a mile away, but disappointing there are no proper pictures, or details, of the boat itself.

I disagree about the interior, the fit out looks cheap and amateurish to my eye. Varnished pine is never a good look, and wasn't even back in the 70s when it was fashionable!

There are nine pics - how many more would you like? I do agree it would be nice to know if it came with such features as an engine or two, yes.

I quite like the look of pine, and surely varnishing it helps protect and preserve it. I find much to like in the fit-out, for example the stove installation in the lounge. I wonder if the fact that it boasts two stoves means that it has no central heating, though.

I've had to cope with anaglypta and artex before now!

The former sounds as if it requires a course of medication.

Edited by Athy

There are nine pics - how many more would you like? I do agree it would be nice to know if it came with such features as an engine or two, yes.

I'd like say, ten or fifteen exterior photos from various angles showing the lines of the hull, stern, bow etc. Along with more illustrating the wheelhouse, decks, winch gear, steering and stern gear, anchor etc.

And yes, the engine and engine room assuming it has one!

I quite like the look of pine,

Quelle surprise!

But then you also see no point in having a debit card or a mobile phone... ;)

(Anybody would be forgiven for thinking you where still living in the 70s...)

I'd like say, ten or fifteen exterior photos from various angles showing the lines of the hull, stern, bow etc. Along with more illustrating the wheelhouse, decks, winch gear, steering and stern gear, anchor etc.

And yes, the engine and engine room assuming it has one!

Quelle surprise!

But then you also see no point in having a debit card or a mobile phone... wink.png

(Anybody would be forgiven for thinking you where still living in the 70s...)

I don't see what pine has got to do with the 1970s? It was in use as a decorating material then, sure, but it still is. I don't get your comment about debit cards, as I have owned one for at least five years now.

Should we then assume from your boats and your choice of boilers that you are still living in the 1950s? That would, I think, be a misrepresentation.

When you discover the effort or cost involved in getting rid of it, it often does (I find wine an excellent medication) wink.png

Have a greeno (or reddo, whiteo, roséo, whatever).

<flounce mode>

Beauty, my dear man, is in the eye of the beholder.

My boat is lined with varnished pine, and everyone who comes aboard loves it.

Consider yourself "persona not grata" as far as getting onboard goes...

</flounce mode>

Our friends sold their boat through an estate agent ....I thought it was a strange idea until they explained how much they had saved on agents fees. It worked for them and I suppose if you were selling a boat with a residential mooring it could be a good idea

We have an estate agent locally who regularly has 1 or 2 narrowboats on their books, usually on the G&S, they even have their boards on the boats, bit difficult to bang the posts in though.

Steve

I would. Decor can be changed...I've had to cope with anaglypta and artex before now!

Ah artex...Im ace at removing that now as it covered interior of Horror House..yep wines a gud anaesetic ...dulls the pain....blurs vision.

We have an estate agent locally who regularly has 1 or 2 narrowboats on their books, usually on the G&S, they even have their boards on the boats, bit difficult to bang the posts in though.

Steve

I know the agent, total nutter !! I wanted him to value a property I had renovated for sale or to rent out. He wanted a fee if I didn't choose him to market the property as he was fed up with time wasters.

He seemed to have had a memory loss as I had bought a house from him for renovation.

I found this "house" on rightmove the other day whilst trying to find a property for my 84 year old mother-in-law. For some reason she doesn't like it as much as I do!.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38880174.html?backListLink=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Fmap.html%3FminBedrooms%3D3%26propertyTypes%3Ddetached%252Csemi-detached%252Cterraced%26sortType%3D2%26viewType%3DLIST%26channel%3DBUY%26index%3D0%26maxPrice%3D350000%26radius%3D0.0%26primaryDisplayPropertyType%3Dhouses%26numberOfPropertiesPerPage%3D24%26locationIdentifier%3DREGION%255E279%23_includeSSTC%3Don%26auction%3Dfalse%26displayPropertyType%3Dhouses%26locationIdentifier%3DREGION%255E24440%26maxPrice%3D350000%26minBedrooms%3D3%26numberOfPropertiesPerPage%3D24%26oldDisplayPropertyType%3Dhouses%26oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType%3Dhouses%26previousSearchLocation%3DThrowley%26primaryDisplayPropertyType%3Dhouses%26radius%3D5.0%26searchLocation%3DThrowley%26searchType%3DSALE%26sortType%3D2%26useLocationIdentifier%3Dtrue%26viewType%3DLIST%26box%3D0.83411%2C0.94913%2C51.26105%2C51.34122%26popupPropertyId%3D38880174&fromMap=true

I want it :) Fantastic pine interior

:)

Happened a couple of times at Whaley Bridge with non residential mooring boats.

Seems a lot cheaper than brokerage fees but I would question the expertise involved.

George ex nb Alton retired