More fodder for the forum curmudgeons.... Tip your hat, say hello and smile...

Featured Posts

Spot of garlic butter? On toast? Mushroom stroganoff is pretty mind-blowing.

I do put a lot of mushrooms in my stroganoff but I've never forgotten the beef (a bayleaf maybe but not the beef).

Frank.

I've heard that you just do NOT make eye contact with strangers in London.

In Yorkshire, you can't get your shopping done without having to gasbag about the weather every ten minutes!

where my daughter lives near Kensal cemetery, there is a very mixed community. However as soon as you leave the High Street, I notice that all the locals (mainly black) smile and say Hiya.

I suppose that observation makes me guilty of racism. unsure.png

where my daughter lives near Kensal cemetery, there is a very mixed community. However as soon as you leave the High Street, I notice that all the locals (mainly black) smile and say Hiya.

I suppose that observation makes me guilty of racism. unsure.png

Yes Coasty commented similarly recently about living in Peckham.

I had a boiler repair to do there and parked my van in a rough looking street and a group of the 'mixed community' were gathered on the pavement outside a cafe opposite, and were all unself-consciously watching me carefully as I got my toolbox etc out of the van. It felt vaguely threatening but nodded to them and said 'how do' (like yer do on the cut) and a chorus of smiles and greetings came back at me.

Cyclists like cycling, artists like art, scientists like science. Racists therefore must like races!

This WAS my logic, yes. So it's puzzling that racists don't like other races.

Water pumps pump water, petrol pumps pump petrol, oil pumps pump oil, electric pumps therefore must pump...

HH

And if a man paints his house blue, he lives in a blue house. If he paints it red he lives in a red house. What does he live in if he paints it green?

Be kind to MtB, he's had to go to Bedford. That can't have been good.

Well we have had to go to Bedford quite a lot recently, much of it due to family circumstances, bit also for some more pleasurable activities.

It isn't actually all bad.

If you think Bedford is bad, check out nearby Biggleswade!