Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Sound Of Silence - Disturbed

Featured Posts

I have changed my mind. After hearing "Disturbed" singing "The sound of silence" on the air waves over the last few weeks, I have grown to enjoying it. I think SWMBO feels the same, I heard her singing along this morning.

I have changed my mind. After hearing "Disturbed" singing "The sound of silence" on the air waves over the last few weeks, I have grown to enjoying it. I think SWMBO feels the same, I heard her singing along this morning.

Me too. The first couple of times I didn't like it then the next time I sat and listened to it properly on decent speakers and by the end I realised I was actually feeling quite emotional. I now reckon it's brilliant and have even paid for a download.

I found it gave me a new understanding of the song.

It's the same for me with quite a bit of Paul Simon's stuff. I enjoy his songs for the sound of them, not for the meaning, so I often don't absorb the lyrics

Richard

I like both versions, they seem to work on different emotional levels for me.

But I hope it doesn't get flogged to death - as happened with Gary Jules' version of the Tears For Fears song 'Mad World'.

Talking of flogging to death, my earworm of TSOS is still with me. help.gif

I had it for several weeks I wondered where it had gone

I also thought it a load of old tosh. 60s folk-pop standard re-imagined as overwrought rock anthem by bloke with swipecard chin. Every generation should write its own tunes, not necromance their parents/grandparents snogging songs.

So, no-one should ever do a cover? When I was teaching (not so long ago, 2 and a half years) many of my students considered the music of the past to be far superior to that of today. My own son has a far better knowledge of soul music than I could ever have.

Perhaps we should also wonder why downloads of 'old' music have overtaken downloads of 'new' music? Or possibly, the reason is that the 'new' music is now so completely 'airbrushed' to have lost much of its attraction.

Sign in to follow this