Tuesday night club

Scholar Gypsy

Featured Posts

Does anyone know what has happened to this excellent website - I've found it a really useful resource for out of the way places?

http://tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/

There is still a very brief main page, but all the links I have stored to individual pages seem to be broken. I can recover some of them from cache, but not all.

Thanks - I am just interesting in preserving the content of the website, which is somewhat unusual.

The domain name itself has just been renewed for another couple of years, I think by Neil, so that is encouraging.

Good to see that there's still hope it will continue, it was a good website that I followed regulary.

Peter.

Does anyone know what has happened to this excellent website - I've found it a really useful resource for out of the way places?

http://tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/

There is still a very brief main page, but all the links I have stored to individual pages seem to be broken. I can recover some of them from cache, but not all.

I believe this is a complete archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20150114083431/http://www.tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/tour.html

I agree; Neil's great site is far too good to lose. I have used some older pictures (with Neil's permission) as evidence of current lack of maintenance on EA waterways.

Edited by erivers

My website is on a crappy server in Las Vegas...yet again it has been hacked (this makes the third time since its creation, way back in 1997). Most of the index files have been taken down, as you really would not want to go where they were pointing!

When my mate that hosts it has found another server, I will probably get around to uploading the On Tour years...maybe even with higher res piccies of the interesting bits.

• Greenie 2

My website is on a crappy server in Las Vegas...yet again it has been hacked (this makes the third time since its creation, way back in 1997). Most of the index files have been taken down, as you really would not want to go where they were pointing!

When my mate that hosts it has found another server, I will probably get around to uploading the On Tour years...maybe even with higher res piccies of the interesting bits.

Thanks very much - that's good to hear. I found your pages on the Witham Navigable Drains very useful last summer.

I believe this is a complete archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20150114083431/http://www.tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/tour.html

I agree; Neil's great site is far too good to lose. I have used some older pictures (with Neil's permission) as evidence of current lack of maintenance on EA waterways.

Thanks - I had a root around webarchive.org.uk but couldn't find it there. But as the server was in Vegas (any canals there?) ....

That sounds like good news Neil, hope your mate will find another (safer) server soon.

In the meantime I wish you a most enjoyable time on your lovely Maurice A.

Peter.

Yes, we had a most enjoyable two weeks in February, somewhat marred by that car accident you have always been dreading....trickling along in a motorway queue...then, in the rear view mirror, you see the clown approaching behind at 70mph. Three week old Skoda estate now somewhat shorter, and our greyhound squished. I am still recovering, so no boating for a bit. After an argument with our Insurance co, Mrs TNC eventually got a new car.

MA1.jpg

MA Feb 2016. Crom Castle Moorings. This is near the top of Upper Lough Erne (normally packed in summer)

MA2.jpg

MA Feb 2016. Evening at Crom Castle Moorings.

MA3.jpg

MA Feb 2016. Crom Estate, Gad Island Tower.

MA4.jpg

Mrs TNC, with Bonnie the ex racing (black) greyhound, that was killed in the accident and Piper (Pongo) the whippet who survived (but now rather scared of going in cars)

MA5.jpg

MA above Lock 1 (Corraquill) on the Shannon-Erne Waterway. Accepted practice in Ireland to moor on lock landings...but seeing as we only saw one moving boat in two weeks, not a problem.

This in the only lock on the SEW that is (just) in "The North", as the course of the navigation (River Woodford), or it's original course) is the border, from Upper Lough Erne to just short of Ballyconnell.

The SEW and Erne had been in flood and we were just able to get out and under the low bridges.

• Greenie 1

Hi Neil, very sad to hear about the loss of your dog, writing off a 3 weeks old car isn't nice, but replaceble, the poor dog isn't sadly enough.

Hope you'll recover soon, the roads are getting too dangerous, too many fool behind the wheels busy with all sorts of things, instead of paying attention.

Maurice A is looking good, get better quickly and go cruising while trying to forget this nasty accident.

Peter.

• Greenie 1

Hi Neil, very sad to hear about the loss of your dog, writing off a 3 weeks old car isn't nice, but replaceble, the poor dog isn't sadly enough.

Hope you'll recover soon, the roads are getting too dangerous, too many fool behind the wheels busy with all sorts of things, instead of paying attention.

Maurice A is looking good, get better quickly and go cruising while trying to forget this nasty accident.

Peter.

+1

Bad enough to lose a pet in any circumstances but worse when it's down to some idiot's incompetence.

It would be good to see the TNC site up again, I was a regular visitor.