Traditional canal arts and crafts

kitman

Featured Posts

Thought this may be of interest to enthusiasts, we have some traditional canal arts and crafts courses coming up on the 7th and 8th of May.

Learn to paint Roses - May 8th - taught by Chris Weston

Learn to make rope fenders 7th and 8th May - taught by Phil English

The courses will be held at Stretton Wharf CV23 0PR, which is a real traditional working boatyard. You will get to take home what you make!

Pm me if you are interested and I will give you more details.

Cheers

Chris

Seriously, I've been in touch with Chris to wish him well and to offer some of the resources I have here from my days running courses. I've had a little input into his painting, a lettering weekend and an impromptu tutorial from the back of my car when I was at Brinklow for something else. He cares about the painting and getting it right, important qualifications in my book. Good luck Chris!

Dave

Seriously, I've been in touch with Chris to wish him well and to offer some of the resources I have here from my days running courses. I've had a little input into his painting, a lettering weekend and an impromptu tutorial from the back of my car when I was at Brinklow for something else. He cares about the painting and getting it right, important qualifications in my book. Good luck Chris!

Dave

Thanks Dave, I very much appreciate the support, you have a talent for inspiring others about the folk art specific to English canals!

I look forward to bringing some of my historic pieces along for everyone to draw inspiration from, I always find that it helps to channel the spirit of the 'old masters' (so to speak! ;) )