Help me choose a name

Clare De Loon

Featured Posts

Hi there,

After spending a few years searching for the right boat this week we should finally take ownership of our first boat. At present she has a name that is very personal to its owners and so we shall be looking to change it. After much consideration we have narrowed our preferred names down but cannot make the final choice.

I'd love to hear what other people's thoughts are on our shortlisted names, for a bit of extra info,

1. Is the old English name for my husbands home town.

2. We will be a crew of three (me, my husband and son)

3. Cos we like it!

4. Only joking. Please, please, please do not vote for this!

Thanks for looking, we are open to any other suggestions that you might have.

P.S I know that the name is in the wrong place on the boat but it was the only pic that I had

• Greenie 1

'Nomad', if you're continuous cruising?

'Trinity' suggests a bit of excess religion, which isn't welcome on this forum.

With 13 posts, you probably don't know that relijun and pollyticks are no longer allowed here! 'LOL'

Congratulations - exciting times!

I'd go for the first option - it'll be a great talking point with other boaters and towpath walkers.

PS thanks for that last one - gave me & hubby a laugh :D

Hi there,

After spending a few years searching for the right boat this week we should finally take ownership of our first boat. At present she has a name that is very personal to its owners and so we shall be looking to change it. After much consideration we have narrowed our preferred names down but cannot make the final choice.

I'd love to hear what other people's thoughts are on our shortlisted names, for a bit of extra info,

3. Cos we like it!

P.S I know that the name is in the wrong place on the boat but it was the only pic that I had

Trio?

CT

There are several boats listed in the boat index with the name Trinity and none with the name Pomfret. I like that its very original and it means something to you too. Or you could subsitute Trinity for Three, none listed for that either. None listed for Tertiary either.

Edited by tillergirl
  • Greenie 1

There are several boats listed in the boat index with the name Trinity and none with the name Pomfret. I like that its very original and it means something to you too. Or you could subsitute Trinity for Three, none listed for that either

Noooo. Peeple in outlying areas will throw stones at you, because you can't provide them with a million-pound mast for your internet service, unlike people living on boats in city centres!

I like Pomfret. People who don't know about licorice will be confused and ask you about it. You can then get into cheery conversations with strangers.

Nick

Congratulations - exciting times!

I'd go for the first option - it'll be a great talking point with other boaters and towpath walkers.

PS thanks for that last one - gave me & hubby a laugh biggrin.png

Especially if you meet John and he asks why you have his name on your boat.

Hi there,

3. Cos we like it!

How about ‘Trinity Venturer’ or ‘Trinity Venturing’

Edited by F DRAYKE

So many great ideas thank you everyone!

Husband has just pointed out that as our son is a teenager we might not be a crew of three for very long and as we are not of any religious persuasion maybe Trinity is not the right name for us.

We really like Pomfret Venturer though

• Greenie 1

So many great ideas thank you everyone!

Husband has just pointed out that as our son is a teenager we might not be a crew of three for very long and as we are not of any religious persuasion maybe Trinity is not the right name for us.

We really like Pomfret Venturer though

That sounds like a grand name - unique and a great talking point.

Google tells me Pomfret is Pontefract - my brother in law harks from Featherstone and Pontefract is where my sister goes shopping when they visit his parents.

Sorry - totally off topic :)

• Greenie 1