Crews fight narrowboat fire at Mercia Marina

Featured Posts

Found this in the Burton Mail tonight but not much detail.

Anybody any more information? It happened at 8am this morning and boat was well alight when fire crews arrived apparently. My own boat is there but I have been away all weekend and haven't had chance to check up on it.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Crews-fight-narrowboat-Mercia-Marina/story-29084834-detail/story.html

Edit - Just to add there were no reported injuries according to the report

Edited by Bloomsberry

Found this in the Burton Mail tonight but not much detail.

Anybody any more information? It happened at 8am this morning and boat was well alight when fire crews arrived apparently. My own boat is there but I have been away all weekend and haven't had chance to check up on it.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Crews-fight-narrowboat-Mercia-Marina/story-29084834-detail/story.html

Edit - Just to add there were no reported injuries according to the report

I've just bumped this because as an ex-mercia moorer I would like to know more - even if it was only which set of pontoons the affected boat was on.

Frank.

I've just bumped this because as an ex-mercia moorer I would like to know more - even if it was only which set of pontoons the affected boat was on.

Frank.

Can you not contact the marina operator?

Frank.

Hi i work at the marina and got there at 9:30 on Sunday and they had already put it all out.

The boat was on Heron the 40' moorings just inside the main entrance.

The boat is called Vancy and is a complete write off but luckily the owner was stopping with a friend so wasnt aboard at the time.

Hi i work at the marina and got there at 9:30 on Sunday and they had already put it all out.

The boat was on Heron the 40' moorings just inside the main entrance.

The boat is called Vancy and is a complete write off but luckily the owner was stopping with a friend so wasnt aboard at the time.

Slight correction: Heron isn't the 40 foot pontoons inside the entrance, it's the 50 footers by Facilities Block 1. My info is that no other boats were affected, but a hard blow for Vancy's owner who has lost almost everything.

Slight correction: Heron isn't the 40 foot pontoons inside the entrance, it's the 50 footers by Facilities Block 1. My info is that no other boats were affected, but a hard blow for Vancy's owner who has lost almost everything.

Sorry Bruce but your correction is incorrect, Heron are 40' moorings and they are just inside the main entrance gate to the marina, they are also near facility block 1 so you got that bit correct.

Sorry Bruce but your correction is incorrect, Heron are 40' moorings and they are just inside the main entrance gate to the marina, they are also near facility block 1 so you got that bit correct.

Ah, sorry, I was thinking in boating terms and of the water entrance! You are referring to the vehicle gate from the public to private area.

We moor in Mercia, first we have heard about it reading this thread. Your can't help but think is that our boat when you read the opening post. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread for getting the information out there.