Washing Machine

Kharikola

Featured Posts

I am newish to boating, but I have done a lot of caravaning and camping. I am part-timing on the boat as I get used to it and get it all functioning to make the big switch to full time. So washing clothes is an important thing, and i have given some thought to the matter. The idea of having an onboard washing machine just doesn't seem realistic, to do a big domestic full load twice a week. And going to the launderette seems too impractical. I was talking to a guydown in italy or somewhere who had a campervan. He said that he merely put the clothes in a bag with water and soap and put it on the floor of his camper van and it all vibrated itself clean during a journey. There's probably something in this, but a bit of hand washing done with a dolly tub type of situation..........nope, this is crazy. I don't know the answer. But just some type of hand washing with something like a 'vibrating steep' Oooer, and then washing line the interior, hang the washing on it, stoke the stove up and go for a long walk. I'm too new to be able to say, but they used to be able to do it before spin washers.

I am newish to boating, but I have done a lot of caravaning and camping. I am part-timing on the boat as I get used to it and get it all functioning to make the big switch to full time. So washing clothes is an important thing, and i have given some thought to the matter. The idea of having an onboard washing machine just doesn't seem realistic, to do a big domestic full load twice a week. And going to the launderette seems too impractical. I was talking to a guydown in italy or somewhere who had a campervan. He said that he merely put the clothes in a bag with water and soap and put it on the floor of his camper van and it all vibrated itself clean during a journey. There's probably something in this, but a bit of hand washing done with a dolly tub type of situation..........nope, this is crazy. I don't know the answer. But just some type of hand washing with something like a 'vibrating steep' Oooer, and then washing line the interior, hang the washing on it, stoke the stove up and go for a long walk. I'm too new to be able to say, but they used to be able to do it before spin washers.

I knew a guy who did similar. His clothes went in a tall plastic drum type thing with a sealed lid. Clothes in, water in and soap and left there for the journey (he lived in a bus.) Did the job it seems owing to the swishing about whilst moving. No idea if this would work in a canal boat environment, though likely would at sea :)