Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
billS

The Red Lion Cropredy - closed

Featured Posts

Local information suggests that the previous tenants "disappeared overnight". It also suggests that the established landlord of another local pub, who is also a narrowboater, will be taking the Red Lion over at the end of this month. We shall see.

You haven't got much to say for yourself!

Are you the Purple Haze that moors at Fenny, and which we know from Cropredy festivals?

Update: the Red Lion is not yet open. But I heard yesterday from a local source that the future landlord has now informed the staff at his current pub that he will soon be leaving. So keep watching this space, or going to the Brasenose.

Sadly, the nice friendly café in the village has now closed and the premises have become an antique shop. I guess it was just a little too much off the beaten track to attract passing trade.

I got the idea that your local source had indicated that said new licencee was to run both establishments. Will the other be on the market soon?

I may of course be talking gobble de gook. Which I have been known to.

I got the idea that your local source had indicated that said new licencee was to run both establishments. Will the other be on the market soon?

I may of course be talking gobble de gook. Which I have been known to.

Different local source!

Oh! I see.

Looking forward to seeing the Red Lion making a go of it. Via here of course.

Martyn

What ales do they have on draught in there?

(Or is it 'draft'?)

What a draft question.

In answer, I thought that maybe Athy could answer that.

(Or is it 'draft'?)

Draught, but the real issue is Keg or Cask apparently.

(Or is it 'draft'?)

Mainly hook Norton plus guest ale. It was a good pint or 3 that I had and also a good roast beef dinner

I remember coming off a trip to the River Wey once looking forward to getting back to paying London prices!

Tim

Must have gone in the Old Plough, Weybridge, a few coppers change from a tenner for two plants, it was nicely poured though.

Had a meal in the Red Lion the Wednesday after Cropredy Festival. They were still tidying up and obviously not settled in, but the beer was good and the food was perfectly acceptable for a pub. No posh pretences! I'm looking forward to trying it again when the new landlord or landlady is settled.

Edited by NB Watersnail

A recent (-ish) addition is a former cinema in March, next door to the ex-Middle Level Commissioners' building, which I believe they have also bought for use as a hotel.

We were in the Wetherspoons in March a week last Saturday, it is great and really well done, a good use of a very interesting building. You are correct the MLC offices next door are Wetherspoons hotel.

Was open yesterday and recommended by the locals as opposed to the Brasenose. The Bridge at Napton on the otherhand is permenantly closed and due for demolition...new houses we were told

Was open yesterday and recommended by the locals as opposed to the Brasenose.

Try telling that to the numerous happy locals at the Brasenose! The latter may be changing hands soon: the South African family, having built it up nicely, are now seeking their own freehold pub to run.

Try telling that to the numerous happy locals at the Brasenose! The latter may be changing hands soon: the South African family, having built it up nicely, are now seeking their own freehold pub to run.

I've never been impressed by the Brasenose. When I go in there they rarely have any proper real ale available.

It was a better pub than the Red Lion but the bar set by the Red Lion was pathetically low.

I've never been impressed by the Brasenose. When I go in there they rarely have any proper real ale available.

It was a better pub than the Red Lion but the bar set by the Red Lion was pathetically low.

About three feet, I think.

But seriously, on my last few visits to the Brase over a period of a couple of months they have had Hook Norton Hooky and T. Taylor Landlord on draught. I very much like the latter. They also persist in stocking the flavour-free Doombar, but that still leaves two very palatable ales.

I also have popped into the Red Lion since Steve (ex-Bell in Great Boughton) took it over, and enjoyed a beer called Ubu from the Purity Brewery which I think is in Warwick. It's a Hobgoblin-style brew, dark and tasty.

Edited by Athy

Sign in to follow this