Board Games ?

GreyLady

Featured Posts

Semi serious, possibly a "Bizzard" type idea?

Why not design a canal version of Snakes an Ladders? Call it Lockgates & Ladders?

Fall off a lock gate go back 5 spaces, swim to ladder go froward 3 spaces.

Fail to tie boat up securely, miss a turn and so forth.

The winning square could possible be moor at Stoke Bruerne?

captain.gif

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 1

Why not design a canal version of Snakes an Ladders? Call it Lockgates & Ladders?

captain.gif

Haha

That made me chuckle, what a corking idea!

The winning square could possible be Moor at Stoke Bruerne?

captain.gif

A canal Monopoly would be good.

A canal Monopoly would be good.

Yer instead of goto jail it could be replaced with a section 8. :-(

Ow wow that looks cool.

Cheers Tim.

Backgammon. Carcassonne (I have never played it with just 2 but apparently you can). Othello (used to be called Reversi in my young days but basically the same game).

Thanks

One of my favourite board games is Risk. It is a game of world domination., so suits meglamaniacs like me :)

Basically a map of rhe world, starts with cards being dealt to allocate countries,. You put armies on your countries, then the players fight by rolling dice.

avoid pointless cos their facts are wrong...according to my oh so brainy offspring and cant half cause arguments....

mind u thats not really for 2...used to play lots of card games wif me ole granny..knock out whist is ok.

I'll second the recommendation for Carcassonne. Settlers of Catan is great, but needs 3+ players - though there's a 2-player card-game version (called Rivals of Catan, I think). I'm a big fan of Pandemic, which is a very clever and tense co-operative game in which 1-4 players play 'against the board' to fight global outbreaks of disease. If you like the idea of Risk, there's a specifically 2-player version called Risk - Balance of Power.

May be you should go for something compact as there is not always a lot of storage space on board. Carcasonne or Banagrams

Edited by NickF

Magictime has some great suggestions, Carcassonne is a favourite of mine, various add ons keep it fresh. Can I also post you to

http://www.boardgamegeek.com

there you will find tons of information on lots of boardgames. Things have moved on quite a bit from scrabble and monopoly B)

Lol that link brings up this page it was da Ja voo.

Fanks though, some good suggestions on here.

Picked up an original Trivial Pursuit from a charity shop recently for a couple of quid. Still good fun. Otherwise Backgammon.

I forgot all about that ☺

What about 'who wants to be a millionaire ?'

• Greenie 1

trouble with trivial pursuit is questions can be so out of date on some topics and also one player normally so much brainer than tother meaning my one question and wrong answer sees me sit n wait whilst tother person answers the next zillion right..boring...