Folding bed tips??

Featured Posts

I have made a bed that swivels from vertical to horizontal, pivoting on an aluminium scaffold tube that is fixed to the bed base and retained at either end with scaffold tube end sockets. The underside of the bed base was made to match the surrounding furniture and panelling. A few working sketches will soon identify the correct positions of the end sockets.

Suitable legs or storage boxes are required to support the outer edge of the bed in the horizontal position.

The bed can tip up sideways or endways, depending on the headroom and the mattress length.

If suitable retaining straps are provided, the bed can be swung up fully made.

same principle as I used, but mine cost about £10.

Reading what you wrote made me think that you must have made something like that, but a short video makes it easier to understand.

Peter.

Edited by bargemast

Hi Myrflynn.

It would prevent the mattress from rotating if the mattress was pushed all the way against the wall.

There is a narrow foam infill cushion on the shelf that lifts out before folding.

It also makes the mattress wider.

qC8Ewgk.jpg

The infill is just wide enough to fill the space between the mattress edge and the wall.( matches the shelf width )

The shelf is there to support the mattress when folded upright.

There are Velcro straps securing the mattress to the base when folding.

It worked well on my trials.

Edited by boat fan

The front off my boat ha some L shape seating that pulls out to be a bed.

Similar to this. This is not mine.

832d83bab2693283cbdb0134c4ada379_zpsjill

Or google campervan rock and roll beds. My old vw t2 had a simple folding bed that made into a sofa.

Using brackets similar to this.

http://www.justaircooled.co.uk/rock-and-roll-bed-hinges-pair-new-item-for-camper.html?gclid=CPWg1bXX8MsCFVRsGwodaWII2A

Edited by rustydiver

Hi Myrflynn.

It would prevent the mattress from rotating if the mattress was pushed all the way against the wall.

There is a narrow foam infill cushion on the shelf that lifts out before folding.

It also makes the mattress wider.

qC8Ewgk.jpg

The infill is just wide enough to fill the space between the mattress edge and the wall.( matches the shelf width )

The shelf is there to support the mattress when folded upright.

There are Velcro straps securing the mattress to the base when folding.

It worked well on my trials.

Well done boat fan your drawings make it very clear, it's an easy and good solution.

Peter.

The drawer on your boat , ( under the bed ) is much better thought out than the first picture you posted rustydiver , Nice !

There is a lot of storage space under this slide out bed that rustydiver posted, that lifts up in de pushed-in position too to give good access.

Peter.

The drawer on your boat , ( under the bed ) is much better thought out than the first picture you posted rustydiver , Nice !

It was a random photo I found on the web. So you got sort off an idea. True its not well thought out wasted storage space under it.