Paint that won't dry.

Doodlebug

Featured Posts

Tried the cat but it got stuck to the side :/

I just can't seem to get the stuff off. It looks dry but still comes off. Going to try talc first and see how it goes

I could try using a powerful degreaser but worry that if it won't come off fully and when I paint the inside in normal paint it might not stick

I don't want to use anything flammable due to the enclosed space. It's just too dangerous.

It needs to be done with degreaser and the environment can be made safe with proper equipment (eg forced ventilation and proper mask etc). The degreaser won't interfere with a subsequent paint job, in fact cars (and pretty much everything else) is thoroughly degreased before painting. Its just a case of getting the right solvent/degreaser.

Edited to say sorry but it's just that I wouldn't want to mess about with the inside of a diesel tank. I have no idea why blacking the inside of the tank seemed a good idea in the first place, but to stick concrete powder in it....sorry that seems a really bad idea.

I know it's a big job to replace a tank on a boat but if I could afford it I'd do that seeing as the tank is showing signs of rust. Either that or go with something which will seriously strip out any crap which is in there.

A blocked fuel filter is not good news on a river...just saying...

Edited by bassplayer