Dirty stinking filthy Boaters

BoatyMCboatface

Featured Posts

So good to see that the cut and thrust of impolite debate hasn't quite deserted the CWDF shores since the narrowing of the discussion parameters.

I quite agree, and I particularly applaud PaulC's tolerant mod style. Look what happened, by just giving it another page or so. It's all gone quite chummy again, hasn't it?

Edit: There ARE dirty stinking boaters out there, nicking stuff and smelling of diesel. Definitely not very fluffy.

Edited by Loafer

I quite agree, and I particularly applaud PaulC's tolerant mod style. Look what happened, by just giving it another page or so. It's all gone quite chummy again, hasn't it?

Edit: There ARE dirty stinking boaters out there, nicking stuff and smelling of diesel. Definitely not very fluffy.

There are also dirty stinking boaters out there, smelling of diesel, definitely not very fluffy and who don't nick stuff.

(Smelling edit.)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
  • Greenie 1

There's about a hundred bags of dog poo on my boat roof, and I still get whingebags who blame me for leaving it on the towpath. In Wilstone, my collie had a dump ahead of where I was walking, and as I was sorting out a bag I became aware of this mouthy fat chav woman yelling at me to pick it up. I sent some choice words back in her direction, but she's got my girlfriend to thank for the fact it didn't go all over her windscreen and car door handles.

It still winds me up thinking about the way that gobby cow mouthed off at me

A girlfriend?with a hundred bags of dog poo on your roof?now you tell me after I've wasted years on Plenty of Fish lol

A girlfriend?with a hundred bags of dog poo on your roof?now you tell me after I've wasted years on Plenty of Fish lol

A hundred bags is probably a slight exaggeration, but I think it's obvious that I don't callously leave my dogs' crap all over the place!

As for the girlfriend... she's more of a demented stalker who I can't get rid of. I humour her for a quiet life.

There's about a hundred bags of dog poo on my boat roof, and I still get whingebags who blame me for leaving it on the towpath. In Wilstone, my collie had a dump ahead of where I was walking, and as I was sorting out a bag I became aware of this mouthy fat chav woman yelling at me to pick it up. I sent some choice words back in her direction, but she's got my girlfriend to thank for the fact it didn't go all over her windscreen and car door handles.

It still winds me up thinking about the way that gobby cow mouthed off at me

I can go quite a bit better than that.

When my nan passed away my Uncle and Aunty came over from Switzerland to help dad sort out her affairs.

We took our dog with us, long story cut short my Aunty kindly offered to walk my dog down Eastbourne Prom while we had a beer in the sun - he was desperate for a poo so I tied a couple of poo bags to his lead.

Sure enough dog has a crap, a busybody starts laying into my aunty about picking up his dog sh!te- unfortunately for said busybody My Aunty is Swiss and has congenital amputation - she was born without her left forearm, you wouldn't know at first sight, She rounded on him in her perfect English and explained to him that it takes her a little longer to pick sh!t up on account of only having one Fing hand!

If anyone could wish for the ground to open up and swallow them it would have been him.

To say she was annoyed when she got back would have been a slight understatement!

• Greenie 2

I can go quite a bit better than that.

When my nan passed away my Uncle and Aunty came over from Switzerland to help dad sort out her affairs.

We took our dog with us, long story cut short my Aunty kindly offered to walk my dog down Eastbourne Prom while we had a beer in the sun - he was desperate for a poo so I tied a couple of poo bags to his lead.

Sure enough dog has a crap, a busybody starts laying into my aunty about picking up his dog sh!te- unfortunately for said busybody My Aunty is Swiss and has congenital amputation - she was born without her left forearm, you wouldn't know at first sight, She rounded on him in her perfect English and explained to him that it takes her a little longer to pick sh!t up on account of only having one Fing hand!

If anyone could wish for the ground to open up and swallow them it would have been him.

To say she was annoyed when she got back would have been a slight understatement!

This warrants a greeny methinks!

This warrants a greeny methinks!

Ta!

I had some irritating knob have a go at me with the same dog when walking round summer leys nature reserve near the Nene, he was off his lead and walking to heal - he had no interest in anything but me.

Knob tells me my dog should be on a lead under control as there are ground nesting birds about. I tried explaining he was under my full control without the need for a lead - he was one of those rare dogs that was able to listen to HMV only and not get distracted.

Just as he finished his rant a family with a bunch of feral kids came up the path making so much noise and running in and out of the undergrowth - any ground nesting birds would have had their day spoilt.

I asked knobhead if he was going to tell the parents to put their kids on a lead and get em under control :) all the while my dog stayed at my feet, he'd lost his attitude by then and got told to impolitely do one :cheers:

• Greenie 2

I have been nearly 35 years as a live aboard and always kept a dog aboard as many of us do,I must say

however that the public seem to be becoming less tolerant regarding dogs especially ones not on leads.

The lycra clad nazis are the worst especially those aboard expensive mountain bikes,all winter I watched

them turn the towpath into a quagmire racing up and down six and seven at a time with no regard to anyone,

they scare me as well as the dog as they come from nowhere even in the dark.

The law sadly is on their side and forget any support from CRT,in Milton Keynes you can destroy the towpath

by either digging it up as at Giffard Park or by mountain bike in the middle of winter and nothing happens to

the perpetrators.Part of this culture where you apparently can have rights but no responsibility.

• Greenie 1

My rottie (replacement for the previous immaculately behaved dog) took an intense interest in the rear wheel of an horrendously expensive mountain bike at Tidworth (where Clarkson in a Range Rover was chased by the army) we were setting up for a hare and hounds enduro, stood talking to a lad on this mega expensive treddlar bonehead decides he want's to take a lump out of the back wheel.

Unsurprisingly the lad on the bike wasn't so keen and buggered off sharpish!

Just out of interest:

Do bikes using the towpath still have to be licenced by BW/CRT?

I know that no-one ever paid any attention to that section of the canal regs, but am wondering if it is still actually a requirement.

post-5269-0-57353900-1459321026_thumb.jpg

seeing as we have gone a little of topic, here is said bonehead at 7 odd months old - around the time he had a go at munching the bike wheel.

Neither of us had the heart to bollock him for the mess he made bin raiding in this picture, it was one of his first days of freedom when crate training him.

7 years on post-5269-0-69870700-1459321255_thumb.jpg

hes been an ace family pet and lots of fun to have round, he's fairly fond of the little un who is rather stuck on him tool!

attachicon.gifbonehead pup.jpg

seeing as we have gone a little of topic, here is said bonehead at 7 odd months old - around the time he had a go at munching the bike wheel.

Neither of us had the heart to bollock him for the mess he made bin raiding in this picture, it was one of his first days of freedom when crate training him.

7 years on attachicon.gifIMG_20151128_144628715.jpg

hes been an ace family pet and lots of fun to have round, he's fairly fond of the little un who is rather stuck on him tool!

Great to see the child and the dog together in the pic. :)

Great to see the child and the dog together in the pic. smile.png

We have tried hard with her to make sure she respects animals, in her little world there are the following: -

Bonehead.

A Great Dane pup,

A Rottie Dane X

An English Bull Terrier.

2 X Staffie Pups.

Thankfully not all ours! Obviously, they are never left unattended, he has been spot on with her from day one, we did a lot of prep with him before she came home and it paid off well

A village stream full of Ducks and the odd chancing chickens.

Nature reserve and boat club with plenty of wild fowl.

Regular visits to the local petting farm (and the free zoo in Pets at Home!)

Geese and Peacocks at a friends place.

Its pleasing she takes such an interest at an early age, that said, she doesn't get much choice in it due to the fact we are outdoors types - no way is she having an Ipad thrust in her mits to keep her quite smile.png

edited to add, 2 x poxy kittens that im not stuck on :(

Edited by gazza
  • Greenie 1