Dirty stinking filthy Boaters

BoatyMCboatface

Featured Posts

Then try reading the whole post instead of making assumptions based on the first sentence of it

I have read it all (as you would know if you had also read it, as I have made several contributions). But the title is what catches the eye. That's why things have titles. This title is misleading. It's like, for example, titling a thread "Bloody Arabs" and then starting your post "I am Moroccan and that's what some people call us".

I have read it all (as you would know if you had also read it, as I have made several contributions). But the title is what catches the eye. That's why things have titles. This title is misleading. It's like, for example, titling a thread "Bloody Arabs" and then starting your post "I am Moroccan and that's what some people call us".

The title is no doubt crafted to catch the eye, but when you read on it is very obvious that the OP is not calling the boaters in question dirty filthy or stinking.

The title is no doubt crafted to catch the eye, but when you read on it is very obvious that the OP is not calling the boaters in question dirty filthy or stinking.

Quite so. Did I suggest otherwise? It's a tabloid-newspaper sort of title!

Once again, the OP doesn't call anyone dirty, stinking or filthy. He says "Thats what people call us when they see behaviour like this"

Can none of you read?

Aye lad, I can write a bit sometimes too tha knows.

As you are clearly better than I, you will have noticed my use of the word "highlight."

Edited by Guest

Quite so. Did I suggest otherwise? It's a tabloid-newspaper sort of title!

You questioned if personal abuse was against forum rules and then you questioned if calling someone 'dirty filthy or stinking' constitutes personal abuse. If you weren't implying that the OP had done this, what was the point of your questioning?

It is a tabloidy click bait title though, I will agree with you on that.

You questioned if personal abuse was against forum rules and then you questioned if calling someone 'dirty filthy or stinking' constitutes personal abuse. If you weren't implying that the OP had done this, what was the point of your questioning?

It is a tabloidy click bait title though, I will agree with you on that.

Agree; a lot of it about.

well... looks like I have been put in my place then.

I do hope that who ever owns this boat gets their life sorted out or well again or whatever has led to this situation. Maybe that is why I posted the pictures, to share this boaters plight and garner some support. Its hardly an excuse to dump waste on the towpath or move the boat from said waste to a place where the pins cannot be positioned safely. This pound even has a local tip right next to the towpath. It would take some bow hauling or a tow off of another boat to get it there. Perhaps this boater is incapable of asking for help?

It would be nice for the forums troll spotters if I was in a position to clear up the 100's of pounds of waste but but alas that is beyond my capacity.

I have moored near to dumped rubbish before now as there was nowhere else to go,only

to have people accuse me of dumpping it.

Stopped somewhere, where there was a lot of dog s**t about and told that I should pick up after my dog.

The first one got a mouthful about jumping to conclusions.

The second one did apologise when he found out that I didn't have a dog.......yet.

Some people just won't give others a chance.

Rob....

I do hope that who ever owns this boat gets their life sorted out or well again or whatever has led to this situation. Maybe that is why I posted the pictures, to share this boaters plight and garner some support. Its hardly an excuse to dump waste on the towpath or move the boat from said waste to a place where the pins cannot be positioned safely. This pound even has a local tip right next to the towpath. It would take some bow hauling or a tow off of another boat to get it there. Perhaps this boater is incapable of asking for help?

It would be nice for the forums troll spotters if I was in a position to clear up the 100's of pounds of waste but but alas that is beyond my capacity.

Would be nice if you posted all the facts. Do you know for sure about the rubbish. Did you take photos. We're you in a position to moor boat properly.

Or did you just pass on an all ready non factual story from elsewhere.

There is a lot to talk about with your post but as with all discussions a few solid basic facts make it more interesting.

I have moored near to dumped rubbish before now as there was nowhere else to go,only

Stopped somewhere, where there was a lot of dog s**t about and told that I should pick up after my dog.

The second one did apologise when he found out that I didn't have a dog.......yet.

Rob....

Can associate with that. The L&L canal breeched a few years ago leaving several boats at dangerous angles. We tied the handrails to large trees (BW lent us long ropes and assisted), and tied all kinds of things to the ropes to serve as a warning. BW also put signs up. Some geezer came along (I don't believe he was on a boat) demanding that the ropes "be removed immediately as he considered them a danger." The BW staff asked him to leave, and promptly put barriers up blocking pedestrians. Then of course they got complaints about the barriers, and people climbed over them.

Rob....

There's about a hundred bags of dog poo on my boat roof, and I still get whingebags who blame me for leaving it on the towpath. In Wilstone, my collie had a dump ahead of where I was walking, and as I was sorting out a bag I became aware of this mouthy fat chav woman yelling at me to pick it up. I sent some choice words back in her direction, but she's got my girlfriend to thank for the fact it didn't go all over her windscreen and car door handles.

It still winds me up thinking about the way that gobby cow mouthed off at me

There's about a hundred bags of dog poo on my boat roof, and I still get whingebags who blame me for leaving it on the towpath. In Wilstone, my collie had a dump ahead of where I was walking, and as I was sorting out a bag I became aware of this mouthy fat chav woman yelling at me to pick it up. I sent some choice words back in her direction, but she's got my girlfriend to thank for the fact it didn't go all over her windscreen and car door handles.

It still winds me up thinking about the way that gobby cow mouthed off at me

There is always one. I usually let my wife deal with them. Never seen her fail yet.

editor@narrowboatworld.com

Try the above. Your particular style may well appeal to him wink.png ( that is if it hasn't already) wink.png

• Greenie 1

If anyone's interested: it only sank to gunnel depth so that explains the sides and deck still being "nice".

Compared with the Cambridge Ladies' eight, that's positively buoyant.

To trigger discussion, and look, it's worked.

So good to see that the cut and thrust of impolite debate hasn't quite deserted the CWDF shores since the narrowing of the discussion parameters.

I'll agree with all that except for your word "impolite". We have certainly seen the cut and thrust of debate (which is good) but it has rarely, if at all, become impolite.

It can be difficult along that stretch.

One word, Dark.

Sometimes such mooring is inevitable though, so we use flashiing LED'S atop a smoke alarm battery. Easily made for the price of a pint.

Young whippersnappers - Don't you know a transistor radio battery when you see one? frusty.gif

smoke alarm battery indeed.........

Young whippersnappers - Don't you know a transistor radio battery when you see one? frusty.gif

smoke alarm battery indeed.........

What are these transistors? Give me a valve any day :)

TBH I use "last years" batteries up from the smoke alarms because they are effectively free and power an LED for ages. If they do go knackered there are ones in Poundland that do the job. This is the result of Lancashire upbringing.

My grandmother used to say "If there's owt for nowt, thas first mon there."