oxford canal ledgers on ebay

springy

Featured Posts

Perhaps an approach by a researcher to photograph the documents before sale for the purpose of recording the information in them for posterity rather than acquiring an original might be well received by the seller? I have found this works with Cromford related stuff when you approach with an 'Archivist' hat on.

Not wishing to de-value the Oxford Canal Company Gauge Register currently advertised on Ebay but I have transcripts of three different versions of this document, although my transcripts do not include the table section of each page. It is clear to me that each Register has its own merits as each will contain a few details that are different to all others.

Will I be making an offer...........................................................................................................................................................................................no.

The other Ledger is simply a traffic / accounting document that I am sure might interest somebody but is of limited interest to me as it does not include boat names captain.gif

Likewise I will not be competing for ownership.