cheepa 12v fridge?

paulstoke1975

Featured Posts

being a numpty i have managed to pierce the gas line while scraping ice off the box on my isotherm 12 fridge,

is there any cheap 12v fridges for sale?

i want to stick with 12v as i dont fancy the coast of running a gas fridge

Edited by paulstoke1975

Stick with a 12v fridge by all means but why do you think they are cheaper to run than a gas fridge?

Buying or generating electricity comes at a cost too.

Yea. Good question.

O.P. How do you work that out? I have a gas fridge out of choice. It dosn't use much gas (No figures available) even in high Summer. (Ho! Ho!) It's scilent And is much less faff than atending to batterys.

Yea. Good question.

O.P. How do you work that out? I have a gas fridge out of choice. It dosn't use much gas (No figures available) even in high Summer. (Ho! Ho!) It's scilent And is much less faff than atending to batterys.

according to my neighbouring boat in the marina he reckons hes goes through a couple of bottle a month in his?

The 'old' 3 way Electrolux fridge (RM212) uses 15 grams per hour of gas.

So for a 13kg bottle that's 866 hours, or 36 days.

Modern gas fridges may well use less.

Edit to add :

Dometic RC1600 3 way fridge. According to the manual it uses 187-257 grams of gas per 24hrs based on 25C ambient temperature.

That's 7.8 - 10.7 grams per hour

Edited by Alan de Enfield

The 'old' 3 way Electrolux fridge (RM212) uses 15 grams per hour of gas.

So for a 13kg bottle that's 866 hours, or 36 days.

Modern gas fridges may well use less.

Edit to add :

Dometic RC1600 3 way fridge. According to the manual it uses 187-257 grams of gas per 24hrs based on 25C ambient temperature.

That's 7.8 - 10.7 grams per hour

Thank's for the figures Alan. I have the (very) old Electrolux type and your figure is about right for it. I have put foam insulation boards around it so get an extra few days out of a bottle.

Why don't you get the pipe brazed up and then recharged by a refridgeration engineer.

Neil

Pretty sure those old Electrolux fridges use ammonia - not something yer average modern refrigeration engineer would know much about I'd think.

Tony

according to my neighbouring boat in the marina he reckons hes goes through a couple of bottle a month in his?

WHAT!!! We used to have a gas fridge and it was on all the time and we did cook a lot as well. Our gas usage was always a steady 4 bottles a year.

Phil