Quiet Easter

dogless

Featured Posts

Manic on Braunston locks this morning.

There were 2 boats going down breathed up "push-me-pull-you", ie one of the boats going down was facing up the locks. The word was it was hire boat and they chickened out on going through the tunnel.

Edited by john6767

We've actually seen a moving boat,at 5pm coming up through Rushall top lock. Came from Anglesey Basin today, attempted to moor at Park Pits to visit the Manor Arms but couldn't get closer than 2ft so carried on to moor at Longwood and had G&Ts onboard.

Edited by pearley

There were 2 boats going down breathed up "push-me-pull-you", ie one of the boats going down was facing up the locks. The word was it was hire boat and they chickened out on going through the tunnel.

We must have been coming through at the same time as you. The wind didn't help either!!

We must have been coming through at the same time as you. The wind didn't help either!!

The wind was killer above the second lock up, where we waited for sometime going down. We stopped at the Boat House and now moored between Braunston and Napton, with a steady stream of boats going past in the rain, rain and nice sunshine.

At least two boats have gone past our house today, which is fairly busy for the Fens in March. I saw one and only heard the other, but neither was a Fox hire boat. I think they start hiring at the beginning of April.

Don't say I blame them, but I would prefer tunnel to reversing down Braunston locks

Edited by patty-ann

Don't say I blame them, but I would prefer tunnel to reversing down Braunston locks

I can see the tunnel is not for everyone. I wonder how often you get that where people get to the tunnel and decide not to go through.

Me and my big mouth !

They've all arrived together.

After two nights virtually alone (one boat with us one night) the moorings are full tonight.

I suppose being on the Four Counties Ring that boats may arrive 'in lumps' on certain days.

Bet the pubs do good business today.

Rog

At least two boats have gone past our house today, which is fairly busy for the Fens in March. I saw one and only heard the other, but neither was a Fox hire boat. I think they start hiring at the beginning of April.

There were two Fox's hire boats going out of Salters Lode yesterday, and the trip boat went to Outwell basin and back.

MP.

What are the Daffs like this year through Upwell and Outwell?

Daffs and narcissi in profusion along the banks in the village, just about at their peak now. Not so many here - I guess the recent dredging operations may have disturbed them.