Clesse Gas Regulator

Celestine

Featured Posts

Hi,

We have a Clesse BP1803 gas regulator fitted to our boat. These regulators are subject to a product recall. We've registered our details on their website but have heard nothing from them. We would like to know if anyone has had any response from Clesse, after completing their questionnaire on the website.

Thanks!

Yes - they telephoned about a week ago. Had a nice chat with them where they asked if I had a gas registered person to replace the existing unit. We talked about the disposal of the old unit - I think they would like it back and belive that details of its return will come with the delivery.

Not being at the boat, I will await its delivery to the boatyard where I moor and take it from there

regards

Stevec

Hi,

We have a Clesse BP1803 gas regulator fitted to our boat. These regulators are subject to a product recall. We've registered our details on their website but have heard nothing from them. We would like to know if anyone has had any response from Clesse, after completing their questionnaire on the website.

Thanks!

I'm wondering if one (or more) of your answers showed your regulator is not one of those requiring recall.

They should have told you though, 'tis only good manners.

Unfortunately it is one that's covered by the recall. The bulletin issued by Clesse gives a period of manufacture for recall; June 2010 to September 2015, ours is dated, June 2013.

We've now obtained a help line number, 0800 088 5545, so will give them a call.

Stevec, thanks again for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

After contacting Clesse via the helpline, they requested a photograph of the regulator. Following sending this,they called to confirm we required a replacement regulator. They will supply a replacement regulator, as well as arranging a local gas fitter to pop round and fit it.clapping.gif

• 1 month later...

I thought it was too good t be true. After chasing Clesse several times we still don't have a new regulator.

They say the can't contact a local(Lichfield) gas fitter. We gave them the name of one but they still haven't

arranged the fitting of the new regulator.

Has anyone managed to have a replacement regulator fitted?

I find this very frustrating, Clesse issued the product recall but seem incapable of meeting the requirements of their recall.

My new regulator turned up today for fitting by myself. I first had to sign a disclaimer (Clesse CYA) before they would send it. They have also e-mailed a 'destruction' form to return completed and with the label of the old regulator attached when the old one is destroyed..(Again CYA).

We have two of the recall regs and despite two calls and "we have you on the database for a courier collection" no call from the courier or collection

Bit of a let down as the first contact was very good

Will ring them again

Ray

Thanks for your replies.

I've considered asking them to send a new regulator, but I'm not prepared to fit it myself. I think they are hoping that I will do this, so they don't have to pay for the engineer.

If I get no positive response this week, I will consider mentioning this to the press.

Thanks for your replies.

I've considered asking them to send a new regulator, but I'm not prepared to fit it myself. I think they are hoping that I will do this, so they don't have to pay for the engineer.

If I get no positive response this week, I will consider mentioning this to the press.

I actually had to argue very forcefully with them to just send a new regulator for me to fit myself. They were insistent that they would send a fitter to do the job, but utterly incapable of providing one who would come on a Saturday.

Thanks for your replies.

I actually had to argue very forcefully with them to just send a new regulator for me to fit myself. They were insistent that they would send a fitter to do the job, but utterly incapable of providing one who would come on a Saturday.

I also had to argue to fit it myself. They were trying to arrange a fitter but agreeing upon a suitable date/time was a problem.

It's now 2 months since we registered with Clesse and after several phone calls we are no further forward in having a new regulator fitted. We have given them the name of a local guy, who is a registered gas fitter, but they have still failed to sort out their problem.

I believe that Clesse are so inefficient that gas fitters are unwilling to work with them, fear of not getting paid.

I now plan to try and obtain a new regulator and arrange fitting myself. I'll then try and reclaim the cost from Clesse...

I also intend to contact the publications that published the recall notice and let them know about the poor service. I'm amazed that a significant safety item, connected to the gas system, can be so blatantly ignored by the manufacturer.

Trading Standards will also be on my call list.

It's now 2 months since we registered with Clesse and after several phone calls we are no further forward in having a new regulator fitted. We have given them the name of a local guy, who is a registered gas fitter, but they have still failed to sort out their problem.

I believe that Clesse are so inefficient that gas fitters are unwilling to work with them, fear of not getting paid.

I now plan to try and obtain a new regulator and arrange fitting myself. I'll then try and reclaim the cost from Clesse...

I also intend to contact the publications that published the recall notice and let them know about the poor service. I'm amazed that a significant safety item, connected to the gas system, can be so blatantly ignored by the manufacturer.

If you feel like this are you happy to use their regulator in the future, surly other makes are available.

Two new regs arrived lunchtime today, I had no problems with Clesse apart from a short delay in collecting my two "faulty" regs

They did not query the fact that the two were kept as spares or require any photos etc

Ray

No not happy to use another Clesse regulator, but they assure me the new ones are modified.

If I change to another manufacturer. I will have to pay for a new regulator and fitting. I've only had the current one 18 months, so feel a little reluctant to pay out again for something that's a problem caused by a manufacturering error.

• 3 weeks later...