Nell's Bridge

billS

Featured Posts

Tomorrow is supposed to be dry, Sat. and Sun. promise spells of rain, but as far as I can see it is the threatened 40 + m.p.h. winds during part of Saturday which will pose a greater navigational hazard. Happiness is being deep-draughted, sometimes.

The section below Nell Bridge has been on a navigation restriction notice since December, but they lifted that this week. I can only assume it is navigable at present, there are Heyford boats in arriving in town today. According to the graphs I viewed it recovered quickly from the last down pour, so I'd guess you should be alright Bill.

Edited by NB Watersnail

We decided that discretion was the better part of valour, and headed up to the Wharf Inn at Fenny Compton for the weekend instead. The Lancaster Bomber on tap was nice, but it added another dimension to the wind problems over the weekend.

We may be heading that way (weather permitting). Is there a problem with it?

I take it that the weather did not permit? Trojan was cold and lifeless when we passed (and your sign has blown down).

We decided that discretion was the better part of valour, and headed up to the Wharf Inn at Fenny Compton for the weekend instead. The Lancaster Bomber on tap was nice, but it added another dimension to the wind problems over the weekend.

I take it that the weather did not permit? Trojan was cold and lifeless when we passed (and your sign has blown down).

No it didn't - but it will permit this weekend! The sign was rickety anyway, we've had a new one printed, all we need now is an appropriate piece of wood on which to stick it. Thanks for letting me know.