Bathroom refit

Featured Posts

Hi all,

I'm looking to refit my bathroom (which is currently in a bit of a sorry state) It's beyond the amount of time I have available and the amount of effort I'd like to invest, so I'm more interested in getting quotes for the work to be done. The work to be done includes:

• Tile (or similar) the wall around the bath
  • Lay flooring (probably vinyl)
  • Fit a small sink
  • Tidy up various bits such as the pump switch and what have you
  • Potentially reline a wall; this would need looking at and discussing in more detail
  • Potentially remove the bath and replace with a shower cubicle; I'm still thinking on this though

Does anyone have any suggestions for people or companies who might wish to quote on such work? Preferably on the Southern GU, but I'm open to travelling if needed.

Our bathroom rebuild (pretty much as you describe, except changing a shower to a bath) and changing the bed from lengthways to a cross bed was undertaken by Weltonfield Narrowboats and cost (parts and labour) a tad under £11,000.

Note - we did not have it done, the previous owners did, receipts in the 'boat file' as evidence

Our bathroom rebuild (pretty much as you describe, except changing a shower to a bath) and changing the bed from lengthways to a cross bed was undertaken by Weltonfield Narrowboats and cost (parts and labour) a tad under £11,000.

Note - we did not have it done, the previous owners did, receipts in the 'boat file' as evidence

£11,000!!!!! Wow!

I'm currently on the Wendover Arm and heading south.

If you get as far as Brentford there's a Kiwi called Murray who spends some of his time on his girlfriend Alice's boat - a 70ft Woolwich trad with A-frame tarped roof moored in the marina. If they are still there it might be worth asking Murray if he needs some drinking money. 7 years ago he did most of this for me for 500 quid (making the counter, fitting the cupboards & basin, tiling & laminate floor). I provided all units & materials and I'd already fitted the shower and toilet.

P1000293.jpg

Edited by blackrose

I know you have a widebeam but do you really need wide toilet roll as well (maybe you have a very wide bottom ?)

Room for two rolls so you never run out! laugh.png

Someone gave me a wooden kitchen roll holder so I just used it rather than buying something.

Quick thinking there.

I guess you just remember to use the same amount of sheets of each roll so it looks 'level'.

Now you see .....how can you beat that English humor ???? clapping.gif

We have just had our bathroom redone at High Line, Cowley, around £2k which included taking down old tiling, removing the woodern basin unit, building new basin cabinet plus new basin (Midland Chandlers one), reuse old shower tray, new tapes all round, vinyl (Carpetright mosaic) on floor and new walls. I'll take some photos before and after and post them on our blog sometime. Looks pretty good but did make the mistake of getting a light coloured vinyl floor but it does brighten the place up...guess we will have to train the dog to wipe his feet.

If you get as far as Brentford there's a Kiwi called Murray who spends some of his time on his girlfriend Alice's boat - a 70ft Woolwich trad with A-frame tarped roof moored in the marina. If they are still there it might be worth asking Murray if he needs some drinking money. 7 years ago he did most of this for me for 500 quid (making the counter, fitting the cupboards & basin, tiling & laminate floor). I provided all units & materials and I'd already fitted the shower and toilet.

If it is the 70 foot Woolwich boat I think it is, it is sold and in the possession of a forum member who is doing a build blog for her own refit.

So I suspect wherever Murray is now, he isn't on that boat.