trifecta of new things

Anna_Licorice

Featured Posts

I'm not sure where to post these updates- which seem to happen on the Sunday night (after I've returned from the boat, had a shower and fed the very hungry attention deprived cats).

Adding to the list of new things I've done; I've now refuelled a narrowboat. I'll clarify that because I know the wife will be along any minute now without her own account and complain about how inaccurate I'm being. In fact, she was steering and the helmsman was guiding and I... I... was asked to wait on shore!

I've also emptied a porta potti (for the first time)- and embarrasingly not a moment too soon either! It wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be, makes you wonder how bad I thought it would be.

Also- I made a bed!

So trifecta!

Moment of clarification- I don't mean I 'made the bed' as in got up and shook the doona cover (duvet cover for you British). I literally constructed a bed.

And thank you for all the help last week about the bilge. I checked it and it was fine and dry and the boat did not sink. I'll have to roll up my sleeves and clean in there once we are in our home marina- but until then I'm just not thinking about it.

Friday we are off to Cow Roast marina so if you see us please say hello! And give whatever advice you can, it is always gratefully received. post-25887-0-53993900-1458504993_thumb.jpgpost-25887-0-21918700-1458504997_thumb.png

post-25887-0-12113200-1458505264_thumb.pngThis picture is a little better.

post-25887-0-04417400-1458505248_thumb.png

• Greenie 1

I love Ikea Hacks. There was something similar on there, a single bed made on top of Kallax storage boxes, which I thought of for V. We might end up with a more prosaic use of cut-down bunk bed and ordinary chest of drawers, though, just because we've got those already!