New Tim & Pru series

Flyboy

Featured Posts

Daughter no2 was in hysterics when Pru was being guided up the hill by the dashing Viking leaving poor old Tim floundering behind on all fours. In fact she found it so amusing we had to to replay it about 10 times. I did point out it wouldn't be long before I would be in the same position (if not already) 20.gif20.gif

:1cry
Edited by astalweeks

I was disappointed they didn't manage to show the warship Vasa in its museum in Stockholm. It's genuinely one of the wonders of the world and although it was good that they showed it being raised in 1961, it's stunning, particularly because it's so unexpectedly enormous.

There's more here if anyone is interested:

https://www.vasamuseet.se/en

I was disappointed they didn't manage to show the warship Vasa in its museum in Stockholm. It's genuinely one of the wonders of the world and although it was good that they showed it being raised in 1961, it's stunning, particularly because it's so unexpectedly enormous.

There's more here if anyone is interested:

https://www.vasamuseet.se/en

Seconded, it is a must go and see, highlight of a weekend in Stockholm for me. 10 years ago since we went, id be back in a heartbeat.

I saw the Vasa in 1980. It was still being sprayed with preservative wax, and there were life size replicas of the various cabins to explore plus many interesting artefacts.

The intention was to allow people onboard once the preservation process was complete. Has this happened yet?

I saw the Vasa in 1980. It was still being sprayed with preservative wax, and there were life size replicas of the various cabins to explore plus many interesting artefacts.

The intention was to allow people onboard once the preservation process was complete. Has this happened yet?

It hadn't in September 2006.

i'm going to have a look round the Vasa website during my break.

The Museum of Swedish life was quite good, it's just down the road from the Vasa, along with the Aquarium which probably rates as the best one we have been to - far eclipsing the rubbish effort that is London Aquarium.

Edited by gazza

Went to watch what I thought would be an episode of the new series, but was one from the older series ( the new one was on later ) as they were about to go into Standedge Tunnel a B&W photo was shown of 2 guys legging what appeared to be a Yarwoods ( Dustbin) boat there was no way of determining if it was a motor or butty or what year it was taken ( I suspect it was at the reopening time ) Has anyone info on what boat this in fact is?

• 4 months later...

Went to watch what I thought would be an episode of the new series, but was one from the older series ( the new one was on later ) as they were about to go into Standedge Tunnel a B&W photo was shown of 2 guys legging what appeared to be a Yarwoods ( Dustbin) boat there was no way of determining if it was a motor or butty or what year it was taken ( I suspect it was at the reopening time ) Has anyone info on what boat this in fact is?

This one?

Legging-boat.jpg

I have always wondered about this photo. It looks contrived to me - not legged because it has to be, but to create a demonstration of legging.

The sheer numbers of people on board indicate it' not a boat going about its normal trade!

Edit to use a better version of the photo than I did originally.

Edited by alan_fincher

A trailer has just been on saying a new series starts on Wednesday 8pm, channel 4. Venice looks nice!

Not real canals in Venice though, they just built the houses etc in the sea and left gaps between them :)

Edited by john6767

This one?

Legging-boat.jpg

I have always wondered about this photo. It looks contrived to me - not legged because it has to be, but to create a demonstration of legging.

The sheer numbers of people on board indicate it' not a boat going about its normal trade!

Edit to use a better version of the photo than I did originally.

Yep that's the one, as you say it's not in trade, just musing as I thought ACCC, & Brum & Midland, had use of most if not all with a couple in private hands

I'm fancying taking our boat over just to see the reactions we would get.......what could possibly go wrong.........

It looks less crowded than this bit of the Llangollen was this afternoon.......and the boats are going slower........

Cheers

Gareth

I'm fancying taking our boat over just to see the reactions we would get.......what could possibly go wrong.........

It looks less crowded than this bit of the Llangollen was this afternoon.......and the boats are going slower........

Cheers

Gareth

Unless you've had a haircut, I'm not sure you would fit a gondolier's hat on your head.

Unless you've had a haircut, I'm not sure you would fit a gondolier's hat on your head.

I was more thinking of a waistcoat & neckerchief......while drinking a brew and having the back cabin range smoking nicely.....time to show these forgieners how proper canal boating is done.......

Cheers

Gareth

PS...what's a haircut?

I was more thinking of a waistcoat & neckerchief......while drinking a brew and having the back cabin range smoking nicely.....time to show these forgieners how proper canal boating is done.......

Cheers

Gareth

PS...what's a haircut?

Sounds like a cunning plan.

PS...Mine's a number 1.