Hi from Australia

boat fan

Featured Posts

Framing around the drop box is in place.

YEZP4Il.jpg

5dRGuRY.jpg

Ojw0dIl.jpg

tPIkOOJ.jpg

Bottom of the drop box is flush with the ceiling.

The rain stopped any more work ( on the roof) today , so thats it until next weekend.

Edited by boat fan

Hi BF,

yeah, of course - the insects you get over there are a bit more troublesome than the ones we have in Britain (although I did once find a scorpion on the ceiling). The Hunstman's the really nasty one isn't it?

The cap'll be removable for cleaning the flue, I guess. Do you have a square-headed brush? wink.png

Cheers,

Gavin

Hi Gavin .

The Huntsman spiders are generally quite harmless and shy , but if you tease or aggravate them , they can bite , especially the big ones.

What can happen is that they could invite themselves to your bedding if you let them inside , and that`s when you could get bitten I guess.

Some people over here handle them and keep them as pets !

Holconia-immanis-on-hands.jpg

Edited by boat fan

Love the stove. Fits in well with the rest of the boat.

You're doing a cracking job. Have you a rough completion time for launch. And how will it be transported.

And I don't mind spiders but if one of them popped up in would freak.

You're doing a cracking job. Have you a rough completion time for launch. And how will it be transported.

Low loader and prime mover was the plan mate ., but I have since found someone who has an adjustable houseboat trailer ( it adjusts in width to suit the pontoon / float spacing )

so that will be the preferred way now , as it saves the cost of a crane .( This trailer can be backed straight into the water .)

Expensive .

As of completion .......hmmmmm.......no idea.

I wasn`t going to do any more work until Saturday , but I went into the shed tonight , and did some more work on the ceiling plate .

I made a shallow surround for the ceiling plate and put some brass channel around the edges to make the plate a little more rigid.

It was bowing under its own weight !

The shallow sides are cut from a length of recycled galv. stormwater downpipe , and the brass channel came from an old trashed fire screen.

aDV6dJt.jpg

Cutting slots into the sides of the surround.

o4o7Z6G.jpg

Folding the corners.

cGLFBcR.jpg

sgBJcaC.jpg

3t37OQS.jpg

veFDKLi.jpg

Ceiling plate with brass channel fixed on.

IN8TBwp.jpg

External corner.

g0qcM4x.jpg

Upside down picture of what this will look like when put in place.

That was another two hours work believe it or not ......maybe I`m just slow rolleyes.gif

Edited by boat fan

Fascinating stuff, please, please keep posting especially when you get to cruise the river!

I've friends in Australia, not especially near the Murray (Perth, a very long way away, and Bombala, simply quite a long way) but if I get to the country at all I will just have to come and see the river... I think it's just overtaken the Indian Pacific on my wish list

g0qcM4x.jpg

Upside down picture of what this will look like when put in place.

That was another two hours work believe it or not ......maybe I`m just slow rolleyes.gif

Compared to the time I would have needed to do that job, which would have been more likely to have been two days (or more !) I think that you made a quick and very good job of it.

Peter.

That look bloody awsome, best stove i have seen in ages, better than the usual black box. Can just see myself ,feet up and a few pints of bow at my side :)

you done great again kida ;)

Do I need a moderator to do that ?

I`m a bit " forum challenged " biggrin.png LOL .....

lol. i think you do, they can move the whole thread to the blog section

lol. i think you do, they can move the whole thread to the blog section

If it goes to blog section do I then have to go into blog section to read new postings?

signed

Miss A.N.Other forum challenged individual

If it goes to blog section do I then have to go into blog section to read new postings?

signed

Miss A.N.Other forum challenged individual

Yep, just the same as in the original place but not, as it is here now aswell as there linked to here ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

A couple of guys in America have just built an almost identical boat for one of them to live on. It was on a TV program called "My Floating Home" on More4 on a Wednesday evening at 10 o'clock

shame we havnt heard form Boat Fan as it was dam interesting to hear his adventures , i have PM`d him a long time ago but nothing for ages.