Regent's canal to Limehouse and Thames

chazzy

Featured Posts

I'm making good time, we are now at Hemel Hempstead. Looking good for Thames run on the 3rd May smile.png

I may be able to take some photos of you from Lambeth Bridge. HWLB 1130 that day, so you should be there before 9? let me know if you are interested...

I'm making good time, we are now at Hemel Hempstead. Looking good for Thames run on the 3rd May smile.png

Seeing as you are going to be in the vicinity, it's worth trying to stop off for "Canalway Cavalcade" ( if you like boat festivals, that is) over the 3 days of the Bank holiday weekend. It's held at Little Venice, and you will have to pass through there anyway. Should you decide to stop, you need to know that you will have to moor up before you arrive at Little Venice, as there are no moorings for visitors once you've passed by, and thought "Oh I fancy a bit of that."

Seeing as you are going to be in the vicinity, it's worth trying to stop off for "Canalway Cavalcade" ( if you like boat festivals, that is) over the 3 days of the Bank holiday weekend. It's held at Little Venice, and you will have to pass through there anyway. Should you decide to stop, you need to know that you will have to moor up before you arrive at Little Venice, as there are no moorings for visitors once you've passed by, and thought "Oh I fancy a bit of that."

Unless you find a space in Paddington Basin (Unlikely)

Tim

Well we did it today, out onto the Thames clear sky and flat water! apart from the water buses wash. A great experience and a thank you to Ian and Karen for your help. also thank you Scholar Gypsy for taking the time to stand on a bridge to get some pictures of us as we pass.

post-15468-0-49213800-1462292977_thumb.jpg

Nice photo of the boat and Tower Bridge :)

Good that you had a comfortable trip. Enjoy the rest of the River it is very nice at this time of the year .

Edited by magnetman

Well we did it today, out onto the Thames clear sky and flat water! apart from the water buses wash. A great experience and a thank you to Ian and Karen for your help. also thank you Scholar Gypsy for taking the time to stand on a bridge to get some pictures of us as we pass.

You are welcome. Here are a couple taken from Lambeth Bridge - looking downstream and then upstream. I will send the rest separately.

I apologise for the scaffolding on the Palace of Westminster, but at least you can tell what time you were there.

post-13477-0-86388200-1462308517_thumb.jpg

---

post-13477-0-23539100-1462308562_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

We also passed a bote called Perigrine somewhere near Walton on Thames a day or two ago . Guess it was same boat fresh off the tidal. (Our tidal transit was only the hop from Brentford to Teddington)

Hello mark99, yes im sure it would have been us you saw. We are now tied up in Oxford on a fast flow just short of sheepwash, this section is on red boards and advised by lock keeper to stay put until the river slowes down.