Stoke Bruerne £25 per day after two days

Gwydion

Featured Posts

That would IMO be true of many of the things complained about on the forum. True complaining on the forum lets others know of the problem (and probably lowers blood pressure) but it needs to be coupled with telling CRT about things.

Just to add that I have thanked and complemented individuals within CRT too when they have listened and helped.

It's easy to bash CRT as an organisation sometimes but they are just made up with human beings like us!

• Greenie 1

It's easy to bash CRT as an organisation sometimes but they are just made up with human beings like us!

Are you sure? I was beginning to think (going by the posts from some forumites) that they were a race of criminal machiavellian robots quite different to the rest of us.

But CRT have an ethos that promotes blatant lying, and trying to fob off enquires and complaints with pure BS, and inventing evidence to back up what they want to do. I have personally found this from the customer service up to the enforcement and legal dept.

But CRT have an ethos that promotes blatant lying, and trying to fob off enquires and complaints with pure BS, and inventing evidence to back up what they want to do. I have personally found this from the customer service up to the enforcement and legal dept.

I don't even recognise that description, but one must speak as you find.

Just to add that I have thanked and complemented individuals within CRT too when they have listened and helped.

Greenie, although I've yet to have a seriously negative experience with any C&RT employee

Rog

I would say that whilst thls forum is good for letting off steam and debate, the more of us who raise our concerns directly with CRT the better (otherwise they won't know they have a problem).

I hope anybody unimpressed by, (or even impressed by!), what has already happened at Stoke Bruerne. Foxton, Thrupp, Banbury, Oxford and Three Locks took the time to complete the recent consultation response for Berkhamsted & Marsworth, (We were ujnfortunately not given the opportunity to say what we thought about introducing charging at Braunston).

I suspect a lot of those complaining on here about what CRT have already done, will not actually have filled out a response asking that they don't do it at further sites. Or am I wrong, did you all complete the survey?

I hope anybody unimpressed by, (or even impressed by!), what has already happened at Stoke Bruerne. Foxton, Thrupp, Banbury, Oxford and Three Locks took the time to complete the recent consultation response for Berkhamsted & Marsworth, (We were ujnfortunately not given the opportunity to say what we thought about introducing charging at Braunston).

I suspect a lot of those complaining on here about what CRT have already done, will not actually have filled out a response asking that they don't do it at further sites. Or am I wrong, did you all complete the survey?

Surveys are just another layer getting in the way of communication. If anyone had anything to say talk to those in charge.

If I was CEO and believed in what I was doing, I'd welcome the truth first hand.

At Alan's previous encoragement on another thread I did fill in the consultation re Marsworth, particularly having experienced the desolate appearance of Foxton, There's hardly ever any boats about in the bottom areas, and that means the pubs there are not as well used, and the main one ( Locks Inn ) is very often closed in the evenings during the week, The proprietor suggested she thought her visiting customers were surprised to see so little boat traffic. I just hope CRT listen and consider our responses.

Mick

The Indian is smashing. Burd and I had a great curry there last night. Bit pricey though. The Marston's does look a better option for food than the Boat, but it's not really a boozer, and they annoyed me yesterday by refusing me cashback to make me use their extortionate cash machine.

Yes, agreed, but both the Boat and the Navigation have areas that you can take dogs into. The Indian does not (nor would I expect it to), but we have sometimes ordered a takeaway, had a swift drink in the Boat, and headed off back to our boat with the takeaway.

Yes, agreed, but both the Boat and the Navigation have areas that you can take dogs into.

It's nice to get a break from my two hooligans! Didn't realise the Navigation lets dogs in, otherwise they'd probably be here now, and I'd be having a less quiet pint.

That's only if you overstay

Yeah, but two days? Come on. And you know it's the thin end of a wedge. Edited by Gwydion

Well like everyone one else who state their preference on here, I suites me, I don't want to stay more than 2 Days at Stoke Bruerne or Foxton, but its nice to be able to turn up and get a mooring.

You're welcome to it. Just make sure you book your private ticket next time you go.

Well like everyone one else who state their preference on here, I suites me, I don't want to stay more than 2 Days at Stoke Bruerne or Foxton, but its nice to be able to turn up and get a mooring.

That's fair enough. If I failed to get a mooring anywhere in Stoke Breune or Foxtom on a regular basis I would agree with but that wasn't previously the case in my experience OK occasionally I was at the end of the moorings and had a short walk to the pub but that was no big deal. I seem to recall before this was introduced a forum member walked the Stoke Breune museum pound checking availability which there was.

Well, of course, if everyone starts ignoring the 48 hour restrictions and blathering on about their right to stay everywhere 14 days so stuff you, C&RT, then they are certain to legislate in some way or other to force the restrictions to work. Which will mean more enforcement etc etc. Maybe, just maybe, it's worth occasionally working with people rather than against them?

• Greenie 3

Well, of course, if everyone starts ignoring the 48 hour restrictions and blathering on about their right to stay everywhere 14 days so stuff you, C&RT, then they are certain to legislate in some way or other to force the restrictions to work. Which will mean more enforcement etc etc. Maybe, just maybe, it's worth occasionally working with people rather than against them?

Has it occurred to you that just maybe the 48 hour restrictions are not always appropriate for the mooring site? Have you done much boating recently? I'm just wondering where you have personally had or seen a problem.

The law says 14 days. That was agreed in 1995 to be reasonable then. Anyone overstaying by by more than 14 days without a valid reason are breaking the law and will get dealt with accordingly. Inappropriate 48h moorings are P'ing off all types of boaters but not you it appears hence my question.

The law says 14 days. That was agreed in 1995 to be reasonable then. Anyone overstaying by by more than 14 days without a valid reason are breaking the law and will get dealt with accordingly.

Actually, no it doesn't. It is very clear in the 1995 that the 14 day maximum stay only applies to those who do not have a home mooring or other place where the boat can be kept when not in use.

By the letter of the law, those of us who pay for home moorings are not obliged to move on after 14 days, so that is another case where BW/CRT have assumed powers in their terms and conditions that many believe are not actually backed up in legislation.