Atherstone locks

Timx

Featured Posts

As Atherstone lock 11 is officially due to be open tomorrow,after winter stoppages, can anyone tell me if that is still the case, also where is the best place to moor around there, and are there mooring spaces available, or is there lots of boats waiting.?

Thanks..

As Atherstone lock 11 is officially due to be open tomorrow,after winter stoppages, can anyone tell me if that is still the case, also where is the best place to moor around there, and are there mooring spaces available, or is there lots of boats waiting.?

Thanks..

If your going up loads of space, I have no idea what the top of the locks is like.

You can moor a few yards before the top lock, but it isn't very nice there IMO other than for shopping. Better to moor before you get into Atherstone but mind the railway! On the other hand if you are already at Nuneaton you perhaps intend to go down the locks without stopping at the top. You can moor in the long pound about halfway down. Also loads of mooring opportunities at the bottom, before the last-but-one lock etc. In general it will be no problem especially at this time of year.

I have moored at top many times & used local pub Molly Millers always been ok short walk into town. Lately though I have been mooring at the bottom away from the road bridge alongside the crocodile field as more convenient for the Co-Op and a better local pub for beer and food.

Go down the flight and moor up just after lock 5, walk up the bridge pub (kings head) on the right or go left and under the railway bridge for shopping.

If both of them not needed then carry on down to just before lock 8, quite little spot.

Have only seen one boat sitting between 6 and 7 for the last 24 hours, apart from that been really quite.