Environment Agency flood maps?

nipper

Featured Posts

Can anyone point me in the direction of that Map of Britain where you can pan down to your local river and see what the water levels are?

I can't seem to find that map anymore, only a page telling me that there are 11 flood alerts in force in England and Wales and a map wanting you to put in your post code for your area!

That original map used to be interesting looking at all the little rivers joining together and plotting their water levels!

Nipper

Edited by nipper

Same page but different map!

The map i miss is the one where you selected an area and kept panning down to what you wanted.

This new map seems like a nonsense. with no detail at all!

Thanks anyway!

Nipper

That one went a short while ago - shame the search engines still try to send you there.

The new one is a pain on a mobile - you can only drill down to look at one gauge at once - then have to go all the way back to the UK map and drill dwon again and find the next one - quite a painful process

The new map is here.

https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/river-and-sea-levels

Its the same on the computer page - you cant look at all the gauges on the river without a lot of faffing about.

Edited by matty40s

Same page but different map!

The map i miss is the one where you selected an area and kept panning down to what you wanted.

This new map seems like a nonsense. with no detail at all!

Thanks anyway!

Nipper

Can't you just zoom in to see the detail in your area?

Can't you just zoom in to see the detail in your area?

There is no detail anymore!

Perhaps they don't want us to know too much!

Nipper

That one went a short while ago - shame the search engines still try to send you there.

The new one is a pain on a mobile - you can only drill down to look at one gauge at once - then have to go all the way back to the UK map and drill dwon again and find the next one - quite a painful process

Thanks Matty.

Why is it if something that works and is useful to all, has to be buggered about with!

It's as though they want to desensitize us and turn us into the great none thinkers!

Happy days!

Nipper