Eberspacher Milton Keynes

bigcol

Featured Posts

Hi

As title, does anyone know of a servicing agent for ebespacher that's visits Milton Keynes area please?

Mines now 16 months old, and although working well, I want to do the right and corect thing, and get it serviced.

Any contact numbers be great

Col

There really is very little to service, change the filter, check exhaust is all tight & leak free, fuel lines tight & leak free, electrical connections are all "tight & bright" etc. Then a quick exhaust gas analysis to check it is running cleanly and has the best chance of not coking prematurely. All except for the exhaust gas is an easy DIY and all you really need for the analysis is a local boiler technician with a flue gas analyser which has light oil setting. If it needs adjustment you will need an Eber tech.

One point though, (unlike Webasto) I believe to qualify for the Eber extended warranty you must have the unit serviced by an Eberspacher dealer every year so may want to do that in which case you can find your nearest here. http://www.eberspacher.com/dealers.html

Hi Col.

When I was in MK (Yes a few moons ago now) there was two Marinas, (Funnily enough the was owned/run by the same family as I recall).

Anyway,,,There use to be a guy who came in & frequently serviced Diesel Heaters !, might be worth asking at either of the Marinas for a Name !.

Unless another One has popped up (Witch wouldn't surprise me in MK) You shouldn't have any problems finding them, Good luck matey

Agreed .

I had to pull mine to bits whennit didn t work almost two years ago . Followed a you tube vid ,& had plenty of advice from the forum . Mr NMEA also provided me with some higher quality fuse holders to replace the rubbish torpedo type that eber provided originally .

Last summer i made the mistake of running out of diesel which temporarily made my eber not work . " Chimney Chain Darren " very correctly advised i just keep trying the eber to draw the fuel back thru , to reprime the pump . After several attempts it fired up again .

Apart from my schoolboy error of running out of diesel my eber has been fine since i repaired / decoked / serviced it & i would fall very much into the mentality of " if it aint broke , dont try & fix it " .

I use mine every day more or less so it gets a good workout . Im not saying thats the correct approach for you necessarily but i wont be touching my eber at all until it fails on me , as it shows no signs of doing so at the moment & if its working then im not touching it . That said , i do carry the spare gaskets needed if i have to re service it .

To summarise .. If yours is working fine just now , Happy days .... & leave it alone !!

cheers

Thanks all

I always thought servicing was a key part,in equipment not letting you down.

Obvious that the advice is if it's working,don't touch it.

I will comply

Thanks for the advice, saves some money.

Col