Enforcement ?

Aguila

Featured Posts

Did you take her offer?

no. I was visiting my son the following week, he has a printer.

Alls well that ends well.

It was always automatic to post a license, if they can't be bothered to post it or even afford a stamp out of my £900+ license fee then i can't be bothered to ask for it to be posted.

I didn't ask to have it posted. The nice young lady offered to post it.

Pmartyn

Edited by Nightwatch

Personally I don't give a monkeys. If you care then contact CART instead of posting on here. There may be perfectly good reasons for the things you mention, I doubt that anyone here would know the reasons.

Do you drive a car with no tax disc and then say to the Police that stop you "I don't give a monkeys" ???

You don't care that some (who haven't bought a licence) are taking advantage of others (who have paid for a licence, which helps towards maintaining the waterways, Elsan disposal points, water taps) ?

People who get angry over licences are those that:

1. Haven't bought a licence and are riding on other people's backs.

2. People who have bought a licence and are angry at the state of waterways maintenance - lack of dredging, and broken lock paddles mostly, I'd say.

I would also say that many locks are broken by boats smashing into the gates, and couldn't-give-a-monkeys-types dropping the paddles in freefall instead of carefully winding them down.

• Greenie 2

Doesn't bother me, I parked in Sainsburys today, wife nipped in, I kept the dog company, didn't buy a ticket, if anybody apart from the warden had made it their business to peer into the car to see if I had bought a ticket I would have suggested they find themselves a nice country like North Korea to live in where their snooping would be appreciated.

• Greenie 2

no. I was visiting my son the following week, he has a printer.

Alls well that ends well.I didn't ask to have it posted. The nice young lady offered to post it.

Pmartyn

Posting printers back and forth to crt can be expensive so it was good to wait till visit to son.

And anyway they are 14 days at present.

I think that finished today along with the winter Moorings!

Someone will be along later to tell me that i am wrong!

Nipper

I think that finished today along with the winter Moorings!

Someone will be along later to tell me that i am wrong!

Nipper

Yes, I can do that for you - you are wrong!

The relaxation of short stay mooring times is from 1st November to 31st March.

Yes, I can do that for you - you are wrong!

The relaxation of short stay mooring times is from 1st November to 31st March.

Interesting. I've got an email from CRT saying the 14 day VM's revert back to 24/48h at the end of Feb.

The signs for the so called Winter Mooring Permit moorings also say they end at the end of Feb.

There are some older signs which say March.

It's laughable really.

It's laughable really.

If what you say is in the email actually relates to the winter relaxation, then I can only agree.

The Short Term Moorings Framework states very clearly....

NB: For the purposes of this framework Summer = 1 April to 31 October, Winter = 1 November to 31 March each year.

The document carries an image of Richard Parry's signature signing it off as an "approved process"
Try emailing Richard, asking why others in CRT are telling you different?
EDIT:
To be clear though, the periods you can buy a winter permit for are different from the short stay time relaxations on visitor moorings. (Shorter overall).
Edited by alan_fincher

If what you say is in the email actually relates to the winter relaxation, then I can only agree.

The Short Term Moorings Framework states very clearly....

The document carries an image of Richard Parry's signature signing it off as an "approved process"

Try emailing Richard, asking why others in CRT are telling you different?

EDIT:

To be clear though, the periods you can buy a winter permit for are different from the short stay time relaxations on visitor moorings. (Shorter overall).

PM'd you Alan.

Our boat was once seen sporting an out of date licence by a then BW EO whilst we were moored at Alrewas.

I expected a ticking off (it was on the desk at home with me having forgotten to bring it to the boat). He didn't bat an eyelid, presumably stuck the index number into his electronic gizmo and was satisfied. I don't think he even looked at the licence itself or checked if we were displaying one.

Technically of course it is a requirement to display one but as we have all learned this week on the forum if you don't actually sign up to these T&C's or consent to them you don't have to stick to them.....

This wasn't the only time we boated without displaying one either having repeated my mistake more than once.

I believe it is a Bylaw condition to display a valid licence.

Nothing to do with T&Cs.

Bod

All the signage here on the K&A say the setting aside of short term moorings for Winter Moorers expires today.

I wasn't aware there were short term moorings for winter moorers,

Thats like paying extra for less - Tesco have been doing it for years.

I believe it is a Bylaw condition to display a valid licence.

Nothing to do with T&Cs.

Bod

...and lots of people have been told they dont need to display them any more - in meetings and on the towpath.

Edited by matty40s

i wont put the paper licence in my window .i put my boat number there instead. and have been told many times its against the law not too put the paper one there . dont know if thats right or not .but i still wont put the paper one there .

And as you're in Ormskirk, my birthplace, I agree that you were correct in starting a discussion such as this.

I also don't give a monkeys, I wouldn't even if I had one.

My birthplace too, however my family moved south when I was 8 and 2 years ago we moved to Staffordshire.

I also don't have a monkey, but know of one who moors nearby!

All the signage here on the K&A say the setting aside of short term moorings for Winter Moorers expires today.

Thats paid winter moorings only . The relaxation does not end until 31 March

"During the winter period (1 November – 31 March) most short-stay moorings will relax to 14 day maximum stay unless there is a clear safety or customer need to provide otherwise. If the short-stay mooring is in place all year then it will be clearly signed. If it is not indicated on site then the mooring is 14 days by default during the winter"