How Britain's barge-dwellers are fighting a battle to stay on the water

Delta9

Featured Posts

Back on topic I have always lived by keep your head down do not rock the boat (no pun intended ) and its surprising what you can get away with, try to play by the rules, I just wonder with everything that's cracking off at the moment where are they pushing CRT to. I like the fact no defined distance but always presumed it meant traveling the system so people who genuinely cruised did not have to pay for a mooring they did not use.

So surely in the end we will finish up with rules that I am sure some boaters do not want, its fine finding loopholes old laws or whatever but in the end they will disappear right or wrong at some point the law makers will allow CRT to be able to make money, I hope I am wrong, but I have mentioned before it didn't take long once the Government has a mindset to make squatting illegal.

Kev

:clapping: greenie.

Too touristy for me these days. Too many flippin emmets.

Strange how you don't hear the tourist dependent businesses in Cornwall using that term though. Why is that I wonder?

If it wasn't for emmets what would Cornall have?

Tin mining perhaps?

Oh hang on....

Strange how you don't hear the tourist dependent businesses in Cornwall using that term though. Why is that I wonder?

If it wasn't for emmets what would Cornall have?

Tin mining perhaps?

Oh hang on....

If we didn't have tourism for income, we would do the same as the english, borrow it.

You have a point? Extraordinary. What has precipitated this change?

I knew you would catch on at some point.

If we didn't have tourism for income, we would do the same as the english, borrow it.

What's this 'we' thing.

Easy in a small one man tent.

Not always so easy in a camper van.

Even that is getting clamped down on now. Wild camping has been banned in the Loch Lomond area,

http://www.lochlomond-trossachs.org/visiting/east-loch-lomond-camping-byelaws/menu-id-611.html

Other areas are now looking at doing the same.

They brought bans in a few years back but cancelled them loch lomond is a bit different although could apply to mooring people where abusing the place evening go off find a nice lay by away from the touristy areas and park for the night take the pee and you lose it

Kev