Llangollen draft

treddieafloat

Featured Posts

Do it!

Used to run the trip boat up there that fully laden drew 3 foot.....as long as you stick to the middle of the channel over the "saucer" section which is about 1/2 mile from the junction at Trevor you will be fine....just take it steady.

If you aren't quite in the middle at the saucer section...it's the site of an old breach.....then you will soon know it....just move further into the middle.

Cheers

Gareth

I am sure you will be fine, it will be slow going upstream but you will get there.

The area around where the lift bridge is was bad when we were there, I don't know if that is where is being referred to above. We passed a boat there and went aground, but other than that no real problem.

Come on up!

I'm in the basin!

Two boats here in the basin and a few winter moorers on the line in!

I'm of similar draft and touch bottom a few times but as Fangar says, do it.

Just keep your revs down and accept the fact you will be slow!

One Measterymn Cruiser is on the way down, but will be clear of the narrows real soon judging by the revs on his engine!

If you can, send somebody ahead in the narrows, but i think you will be fine!

Nipper

Um! It is only in the Narrows that one cannot pass.

Are you at Trevor where the sun pub is? or at the hire boat basin just above the Aqueduct?

If your at the hire boat basin then come on up, boats can pass untill the start of the narrows at the Sun pub!

If your at the sun then just send someone down the narrows.

Lets face it, It would be a shame to wait for a boat that has.perhaps, has moored up for a few hours!!

Nipper

Currently at Trevor debating whether to go to Llangollen we have a 2' 6 " draft have seen different recommendations on max draft what do people with experience think?

You will be fine. We are 2' 10" and although we scrape the bottom on a few places have been down twice