Cratch covers

Pennie

Featured Posts

Probably a topic discussed at length before but I wanted to make sure the advice was up to date.

Who would you recommend to build and install a cratch cover? And how long does it usually take from first enquiry to fitting? Also which fabric would you suggest as there seems to be a choice of 2 or 3?

Really needing a 'porch' as despite my best methods of keeping my fruit and veggies in a breathable box but sealed enough the birds don't get in, the swans still get in - dicks. Plus the ducks are fantastic at working in group to destroy my crate fridge and poop everywhere whilst gorging. My dog is no use as she is terrified whenever the birds are near the boat - great guard dog she is!

Many thanks

yeah the bird problem is quite funny, I do aim to amuse with my tales whilst having my woes :-) I was expecting a canvas cover to need waterproofing. There is a boat with a pram cover moor next to me and you can see every time it rains the water being absorbed and the helper in me wants to donate a bottle of waterproofing to them, well to the boat as I don't particularly like the people aboard after their dogs got loose and attacked my Bella leaving her mouth bleeding and them totally disregarding the matter.

I'm guessing that company is in Rotherham? so a tad too far away. Although I am travelling west (wrong direction for this) over the next month or two so it doesn't have to be local to the Nottingham area

We had a new cratch cover fitted by Kinver Canopies two days ago :)

We placed the order on October 30th so they do have a long lead time, but we're very happy with the standard of workmanship. It cost us £858 including VAT - I'll take a photo at the weekend and post it.

Very satisfied customers.

Ange. I'm glad you got sorted and you are pleased. That's all that matters in the end.

Kinver Canopies are gaining a good reputation.

Thanks Martyn

We weren't too bothered about the long lead time - it's like a long queue in a fish and chip shop - worth the wait because you know it's more likely to be a good product!

i did look at kinver and set them a message and rung a couple of times but they didn't get back to me. The one at Braunston was going to be my next contact as that the one my marina recommends

We've just had ours made by the one at Braunston, they have 4 different materials up to mohair (at least I think that is what it was). Ours was a more standard material and cost £844 but that was with a discount because we went to Brauston for them to measure and fit it. If you are desperate we still have the old cratch cover in the roof box!

Probably a topic discussed at length before but I wanted to make sure the advice was up to date.

Who would you recommend to build and install a cratch cover? And how long does it usually take from first enquiry to fitting? Also which fabric would you suggest as there seems to be a choice of 2 or 3?

Really needing a 'porch' as despite my best methods of keeping my fruit and veggies in a breathable box but sealed enough the birds don't get in, the swans still get in - dicks. Plus the ducks are fantastic at working in group to destroy my crate fridge and poop everywhere whilst gorging. My dog is no use as she is terrified whenever the birds are near the boat - great guard dog she is!

Many thanks

In 10 years living on this boat and 3 years on a previous boat I've never seen a duck (or duck poo) in my un-cratch covered bow well deck. Then again I don't leave food out there. If you carry on you might end up with rats on your boat. Perhaps you should think about spending the money on a fridge rather than a cratch cover.

Edited by blackrose

Do you have the cratch boards fitted or do you need them made as well?

Rob....

Shouldn't they be called "deck boards".

We used Topps Tarps in Sileby (not all that far from Nottingham if you want a cruise up the Soar. He made a good job of our cloths. The stuff we used is Acrylic Canvas.

Nick