engine leaking and not sure if we should pull out- help

Anna_Licorice

Featured Posts

Gurls...

HOPELESS!!

OY! I'm a well-ard Lunnon dubble-decker-bus-driver-ess (at least for another month @ least) i'll 'ave yew kno!

With statements like this, it is hard to defend to the outside world that boaters are "normal" laugh.png

Oh krap.... i may have got something wrong here.... Sh*te... we've nearly got a boat 'n' all!!!

I remember the sweet cigarettes, Spanish pipes and the frizzy orangey coloured licorice tobacco. Remember Tiger nuts, you chewed em and ended up with a mouthful of mush that you couldn't swallow and had to spit it out.

Space Dust.............!

Edited by lampini

Space Dust.............!

Flying Saucers, rice paper filled with sherbert,

Oh, an torpedoes, sugar torpedo shaped sweets with a liquorice centre,

Black Jacks (liquorice chews) and Fruit Salads, (fruity chews)

Liquorice Catherine wheels,

Not that I spent much time in sweet shops when I was young :)

What's the score with the boat? Or did I miss something?

It's moving along at canal speed. Something I'm learning slowly. It took over a week for the written survey. Then there were things that we needed to pass on to the brokerage- and then they passed it on to the mechanic- and now we are here.

Curtsey's majestically 'Thank you, kind sir, she is in negotiations'

That's good to hear.

You've been kind enough to post feedback / progress. So often the questions are asked, conflicting and strong replies from all and sundry and then silence.

This latter doesn't give the opportunity for respondents to 'modify their ways'

So I await further news with bated breath.

Spring is coming, my mud is disappearing - so festina lente (smiley)

Don't you call ME a heart/head!

The Head and The Heart is an indie folk band from Seattle, Washington. Formed in the summer of 2009 by Josiah Johnson (vocals, guitar, percussion) and Jonathan Russell (vocals, guitar, percussion), the band also includes Charity Rose Thielen (violin, banjo, vocals), Chris Zasche (bass), Kenny Hensley (piano), and Tyler Williams (drums).[3][4] The band is signed to Sub Pop Records and have released two albums thus far. The band has toured in both North America and Europe...

Tony ;)

All what problems?

Good hull.

Good stretch.

Engine been checked over twice- all clear.

Minor survey recommendations - £40 here £36 there (I thought that was to be expected)

No absolute musts from the survey.

Maybe you are confused because the post has become so long but my original title no longer really applies. However, I decided not to start a new thread as I thought this progression of boat buying might be helpful to someone someday. But I see its confused you- and forbidden you from updating your personal mind map of the situation.

Sorry for your confusion.

Also- not that it's that important a point- my hearts not really too involved- I'm really thinking things through and trying to make the best decision with the advice of the surveyor, engineer and my own common sense.

At some point you have to weigh it all up.

I just cant keep my mouth shut any longer.

I think you should search the forum for more information about this mtb character who is suggesting that you are making a rash boat purchasing decision!

but a few clues...

owns two boats

one required a complete new bottom just after he purchased it!

first thing he does when he gets a boat is to remove sensible reliable engine and install a historic money pit.

and when that goes wrong he looks for another money pit engine to install whilst first money pit engine gets fixed.

and he drinks too much (I know this from first hand experience).

A fine gentleman though!

.................Dave

• Greenie 1

Mike, did you go and see the boat and get it surveyed too, or did you just look at the advert on the internet?

Well I know Mike had one of his own boats surveyed......

I'm not sure it was too successful in making sure he was buying a sound boat though! :lol:

Flying Saucers, rice paper filled with sherbert,

Oh, an torpedoes, sugar torpedo shaped sweets with a liquorice centre,

Black Jacks (liquorice chews) and Fruit Salads, (fruity chews)

Liquorice Catherine wheels,

Not that I spent much time in sweet shops when I was young smile.png

OK back on topic:

anyone recall getting 4 blackjacks/fruit salad for an OLD penny?

Also, despite therefore being a farthing each, only able to buy in multiples of four?

Also, who liked going to the dentist? wacko.png

Well I know Mike had one of his own boats surveyed......

I'm not sure it was too successful in making sure he was buying a sound boat though! laugh.png

You and Dave are overlooking the fact that I only had it surveyed after I'd bought it.... as I suspected it was on the brink of being a colander, and it was cheap.

To my surprise the well known and respected surveyor said it was sound as a pound! Anyway, fast forward three years. Simon Wain was removing the engine beds after the Gleniffer died and put his foot though the bottom (or something like that) to the surprise of both of us, hence the new bottom I suspected was required all along...!