Global.Bizzpower.unlimited co.uk

bizzard

Featured Posts

Sell your shares in bizzpower everyone, before it's too late. I've just done a calculation on the back of an envelope (literally) and can reveal that his project will go dramatically over budget. The volume of his flywheel is about 14.5 billion cubic metres, its density is 2400 kg per cubic metre (I have a source: http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/KatrinaJones.shtml), so the weight will be around 34.8 billion tonnes. He's going to need over a thousand times as much concrete, much more than the global industry could supply.

The going rate for ready mix is £100 per cubic metre, but if he can somehow raise the finance up front I'm sure bulk discounts would be available. He won't get it on credit.

System 4-50: Your fears are unjustified, the Earth's mass is about 200,000,000,000 times that of the proposed flywheel.

I like the elastic band theory and have been pondering whether another band can be attached to the end of this going in the opposite direction (I'm sure professor Bizzard can work out how to attach this) so that as one unwinds it will wind up the other in a perpetual motion sort of way.

Disclaimer

I have no qualifications whatsoever but I do have a very large ball of elastic bands of all shapes and thicknesses that I am willing to donate to anyone who wishes to tryout my theory

• 2 years later...
On 14/02/2016 at 16:11, bizzard said:

For future generations when the world has run out of all forms of fuels, including, oil gas, coal, wood and uranium to fuel power stations and the sun finally gets the ump and won't let us have solar rays anymore,'and it will', mark my words, and everything powered by electricity packs it in for good.

I expect most folk remember the friction motors in toy cars of yesteryear which used a flywheels inertia to propel it along once shoved off by hand. Well, my plan is to provide the whole world with electricity without the use of any fossil, nuclear or solar and is based on those simple little toys.

Without a doubt gigantic flywheels, will be the only method of generating electrical power, When I say gigantic I really mean, hugely and unbelievably gigantic, too gigantic to believe, in fact you're all going to say 'Its impossible'', but is it? Yes flywheels driving generators instead of what did it in the past.

Going back to ''gigantic''. Take one flywheel, the dimensions of which to provide enough electricity for say the whole of the UK and enable it to have enough inertia and reasonable endurance to spin for a decently long time before slowing down and stopping would be, (roughly, might I add)........

Flywheel diameter= 3 miles and 3.1/2 inches.

Thickness= 1/2 mile and 2''.

Flywheel casting- 27 million tons of ready mix concrete.

Flywheel axle diameter diameter= 103 yds.'

Axle length=3/4 mile.

Axle bearings ID= 103 yds and 10 thou.

Flywheel balance weights= Many tons of anodes fixed where needed.

These dimension are carefully, painstakingly and scientifically worked out on a fag packet to be viable, safe, practical and successful. Now the explanations done lets get the flywheel mounted, though that's just the beginning.

Foreseeing into the future we must be ready and steady for when all the present methods of generating electricity shuts down for good, and no good just waiting for it to happen and just hoping for the best in the traditional English fashion.

So, for that reason, the flywheel will have to be constructed immediately to enable it to be spun up to 152,000 rpm, which will be amply fast enough to provide enough power to last the UK. Now, I have to give an approximate endurance time for this as its not been done before and who knows what electrical gadgets folk are going to use ect, but I won't be far wrong in guessing 3 years 2 months, 6 days, 2 hours and 1.1/2 mins, I'm afraid that's as precise as I dare be.

Naturally your all going to say ''what happens when it stops and the lights go out'', well that's quite a simple question to answer. TWO flywheels are constructed, whilst one is working the second is being wound up to speed and be ready to take over, simple.

The matter of winding them up to speed is also quite simple but will require a lot of energy to do so. To begin with it can be wound up to speed by the present use of electrical power, electric motors suitably geared up to it, as can steam engines, diesel engines ect. But when these resources become redundant through lack of fuels it'll be down to man and animal power, thousands and thousands of em poking it around with sticks and winding handles,'so don't throw yer locking windlass away, as they will be needed to fit the standard tapered lock paddle spindle size that I intend to use. I've prudently judged that it will take approximately 3 years or so to wind it up to full speed by man and beast power when the generators can be clutched in. If the flywheels are perfectly in balance and their bearings well oiled they should begin to rotate at the touch of a finger. Note, severe penalties will be imposed if anyone is caught sharpening their kitchen knives or scissors on the flywheel and wasting the winders energy.

I shall leave the simple jobs of the connecting up of suitably sized generators- alternators and electrical network to others as that simple job is way below my extraordinary talents and I will have enough to do dealing with 'the flywheel'

I'd better mention this. There will be one slight bit of danger with this gigantic flywheel. In the event of it possibly suffering 'bearing failure' when rotating at high revs and suddenly leaping off its bearing blocks and rampaging off around the globe, laying everything to waste in its path and razing everything to the ground in its headlong ramble. In the event of this happening a fenced off dedicated safety path of 1 mile in width, encircling the whole planet should be made where everyone, for their own safety be

kept out of until after about 701 and a bit circumnavigations of the globe have been completed and the flywheel looses its inertia, keels over and dies. It will simply skim over the sea's and oceans of the world, so all shipping must keep out of the danger path.

It is also possible to construct a super dooper massive flywheel 200 miles in diameter that would supply the whole world with electrical power, but first things first, ay.

I'm also designing a massive clockwork motor too, with which to replace gigantic flywheels, as I feel they will be safer but am having winding up trouble, clockwork springs get harder to wind as they're wound up and I fear that insufficient man and beast power would be available to ever exert enough power on a giant key to fully wind the spring.

So, here you have it. Your power of the future. closedeyes.gif

This is IT, the future of power generation. :closedeyes:

Update.  Due to the threat of charging up electric car batteries in the future, all my carefully thought out measurements and proportions of my generator flywheel will need to be doubled.  Note, If folk only use their sidelights at night it will only need enlarginging by an extra third.

I'm worried about a thing of this size destabalising the earth's orbit.  Wouldn't it be simpler to just have a continuous steel belt around the earth? It could be just a couple of feet off the ground.   It would require a lot of roller bearings and a few continents would need to be moved to minimise the support required over oceans.  Oh and allowance for day and night temperature induced length chaanges.

12 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Oh and allowance for day and night temperature induced length chaanges.

They’d cancel out, silly. 

I’m worried about all these solar panels appearing everywhere wearing out the sun. 

All great ideas like this attract people who try and rip off the inventor. To that end I have registered the domain name Global.Bizzpower.unlimited co.uk. Bizzard may be able to buy it off me for a large consideration and a controlling interest in his bizziness.

Jen (Bwa ha ha! Evil laugh)

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

12 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

All great ideas like this attract people who try and rip off the inventor. To that end I have registered the domain name Global.Bizzpower.unlimited co.uk. Bizzard may be able to buy it off me for a large consideration and a controlling interest in his bizziness.

Jen (Bwa ha ha! Evil laugh)

I have registered as similar 

domain name 

Global.Bizzpower.unlimited.co.uk.

But with an extra dot (sinister,  evil slightly camp laugh) 

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1

All the worlds agricultural land is going to have to be dedicated to growing food and bedding for the hamsters that will be needed to spin up the flywheel. We will live on a diet of old and stringy hamsters. Tough luck veggies and vegans.

Jen

Plagiarist! Something resembling this flywheel was described by Brian Aldiss in his novel Helliconia Winter. He solved the problem of the wheel flying off by having it mounted horizontally underground, rotating slowly and powered by people living inside it, legging along the walls like in a canal tunnel. But I don't think he had his wheel generating electricity.

Splendid new Wheeze Bizz!

But did you know these things are really with us and have been for the last 30 years or so? The JET Fusion experiment at Culham uses two fairly enormous flywheel generators to help smooth out the 300Mw pulses of power dragged out of the Nat Grid when they fire up the torus to create a hydrogen plasma. These things are spun up beforehand and help stabilise the Nat Grid to stop it all going horribly wobbly (technical term) while the pulse is on.

Seems like a long time ago now but I was a bit involved with this stuff in 1984 when Nat Grid was still part of the CEGB! The motor/generators on the ends of the flywheel shafts are similar to the ones inside the Dinorwig pumped storage power station (300Mw each machine).

Here's the best picture link I can find. Link

Richard

• 11 months later...

For future generations when the world has run out of all forms of fuels, including, oil gas, coal, wood and uranium to fuel power stations and the sun finally gets the ump and won't let us have solar rays anymore,'and it will', mark my words, and everything powered by electricity packs it in for good.

I expect most folk remember the friction motors in toy cars of yesteryear which used a flywheels inertia to propel it along once shoved off by hand. Well, my plan is to provide the whole world with electricity without the use of any fossil, nuclear or solar and is based on those simple little toys.

Without a doubt gigantic flywheels, will be the only method of generating electrical power, When I say gigantic I really mean, hugely and unbelievably gigantic, too gigantic to believe, in fact you're all going to say 'Its impossible'', but is it? Yes flywheels driving generators instead of what did it in the past.

Going back to ''gigantic''. Take one flywheel, the dimensions of which to provide enough electricity for say the whole of the UK and enable it to have enough inertia and reasonable endurance to spin for a decently long time before slowing down and stopping would be, (roughly, might I add)........

Axle length=3/4 mile.

These dimension are carefully, painstakingly and scientifically worked out on a fag packet to be viable, safe, practical and successful. Now the explanations done lets get the flywheel mounted, though that's just the beginning.

Foreseeing into the future we must be ready and steady for when all the present methods of generating electricity shuts down for good, and no good just waiting for it to happen and just hoping for the best in the traditional English fashion.

So, for that reason, the flywheel will have to be constructed immediately to enable it to be spun up to 152,000 rpm, which will be amply fast enough to provide enough power to last the UK. Now, I have to give an approximate endurance time for this as its not been done before and who knows what electrical gadgets folk are going to use ect, but I won't be far wrong in guessing 3 years 2 months, 6 days, 2 hours and 1.1/2 mins, I'm afraid that's as precise as I dare be.

Naturally your all going to say ''what happens when it stops and the lights go out'', well that's quite a simple question to answer. TWO flywheels are constructed, whilst one is working the second is being wound up to speed and be ready to take over, simple.

The matter of winding them up to speed is also quite simple but will require a lot of energy to do so. To begin with it can be wound up to speed by the present use of electrical power, electric motors suitably geared up to it, as can steam engines, diesel engines ect. But when these resources become redundant through lack of fuels it'll be down to man and animal power, thousands and thousands of em poking it around with sticks and winding handles,'so don't throw yer locking windlass away, as they will be needed to fit the standard tapered lock paddle spindle size that I intend to use. I've prudently judged that it will take approximately 3 years or so to wind it up to full speed by man and beast power when the generators can be clutched in. If the flywheels are perfectly in balance and their bearings well oiled they should begin to rotate at the touch of a finger. Note, severe penalties will be imposed if anyone is caught sharpening their kitchen knives or scissors on the flywheel and wasting the winders energy.

I shall leave the simple jobs of the connecting up of suitably sized generators- alternators and electrical network to others as that simple job is way below my extraordinary talents and I will have enough to do dealing with 'the flywheel'

I'd better mention this. There will be one slight bit of danger with this gigantic flywheel. In the event of it possibly suffering 'bearing failure' when rotating at high revs and suddenly leaping off its bearing blocks and rampaging off around the globe, laying everything to waste in its path and razing everything to the ground in its headlong ramble. In the event of this happening a fenced off dedicated safety path of 1 mile in width, encircling the whole planet should be made where everyone, for their own safety be

kept out of until after about 701 and a bit circumnavigations of the globe have been completed and the flywheel looses its inertia, keels over and dies. It will simply skim over the sea's and oceans of the world, so all shipping must keep out of the danger path.

It is also possible to construct a super dooper massive flywheel 200 miles in diameter that would supply the whole world with electrical power, but first things first, ay.

I'm also designing a massive clockwork motor too, with which to replace gigantic flywheels, as I feel they will be safer but am having winding up trouble, clockwork springs get harder to wind as they're wound up and I fear that insufficient man and beast power would be available to ever exert enough power on a giant key to fully wind the spring.

Take note Peterboat and MTB. :closedeyes:

It'll never work. I, on the other hand, have an unlimited source of snake oil which kills 99.9% of all known germs, up to 100% of unknown germs, fixes that embarrassing hair growth that some ladies suffer, cures baldness in men and if your dog expels offensive 'green clouds' a teaspoon of snake oil in its food will render the animal fragrant. As its uses are so many just send a blank cheque to our partners in the bank of Nigeria and then wait for delivery.

• 10 months later...

Axle length=3/4 mile.

The future method of electricity generation.