Global.Bizzpower.unlimited co.uk

bizzard

Featured Posts

For future generations when the world has run out of all forms of fuels, including, oil gas, coal, wood and uranium to fuel power stations and the sun finally gets the ump and won't let us have solar rays anymore,'and it will', mark my words, and everything powered by electricity packs it in for good.

I expect most folk remember the friction motors in toy cars of yesteryear which used a flywheels inertia to propel it along once shoved off by hand. Well, my plan is to provide the whole world with electricity without the use of any fossil, nuclear or solar and is based on those simple little toys.

Without a doubt gigantic flywheels, will be the only method of generating electrical power, When I say gigantic I really mean, hugely and unbelievably gigantic, too gigantic to believe, in fact you're all going to say 'Its impossible'', but is it? Yes flywheels driving generators instead of what did it in the past.

Going back to ''gigantic''. Take one flywheel, the dimensions of which to provide enough electricity for say the whole of the UK and enable it to have enough inertia and reasonable endurance to spin for a decently long time before slowing down and stopping would be, (roughly, might I add)........

Flywheel diameter= 3 miles and 3.1/2 inches.

Thickness= 1/2 mile and 2''.

Flywheel casting- 27 million tons of ready mix concrete.

Flywheel axle diameter diameter= 103 yds.'

Axle length=3/4 mile.

Axle bearings ID= 103 yds and 10 thou.

Flywheel balance weights= Many tons of anodes fixed where needed.

These dimension are carefully, painstakingly and scientifically worked out on a fag packet to be viable, safe, practical and successful. Now the explanations done lets get the flywheel mounted, though that's just the beginning.

Foreseeing into the future we must be ready and steady for when all the present methods of generating electricity shuts down for good, and no good just waiting for it to happen and just hoping for the best in the traditional English fashion.

So, for that reason, the flywheel will have to be constructed immediately to enable it to be spun up to 152,000 rpm, which will be amply fast enough to provide enough power to last the UK. Now, I have to give an approximate endurance time for this as its not been done before and who knows what electrical gadgets folk are going to use ect, but I won't be far wrong in guessing 3 years 2 months, 6 days, 2 hours and 1.1/2 mins, I'm afraid that's as precise as I dare be.

Naturally your all going to say ''what happens when it stops and the lights go out'', well that's quite a simple question to answer. TWO flywheels are constructed, whilst one is working the second is being wound up to speed and be ready to take over, simple.

The matter of winding them up to speed is also quite simple but will require a lot of energy to do so. To begin with it can be wound up to speed by the present use of electrical power, electric motors suitably geared up to it, as can steam engines, diesel engines ect. But when these resources become redundant through lack of fuels it'll be down to man and animal power, thousands and thousands of em poking it around with sticks and winding handles,'so don't throw yer locking windlass away, as they will be needed to fit the standard tapered lock paddle spindle size that I intend to use. I've prudently judged that it will take approximately 3 years or so to wind it up to full speed by man and beast power when the generators can be clutched in. If the flywheels are perfectly in balance and their bearings well oiled they should begin to rotate at the touch of a finger. Note, severe penalties will be imposed if anyone is caught sharpening their kitchen knives or scissors on the flywheel and wasting the winders energy.

I shall leave the simple jobs of the connecting up of suitably sized generators- alternators and electrical network to others as that simple job is way below my extraordinary talents and I will have enough to do dealing with 'the flywheel'

I'd better mention this. There will be one slight bit of danger with this gigantic flywheel. In the event of it possibly suffering 'bearing failure' when rotating at high revs and suddenly leaping off its bearing blocks and rampaging off around the globe, laying everything to waste in its path and razing everything to the ground in its headlong ramble. In the event of this happening a fenced off dedicated safety path of 1 mile in width, encircling the whole planet should be made where everyone, for their own safety be

kept out of until after about 701 and a bit circumnavigations of the globe have been completed and the flywheel looses its inertia, keels over and dies. It will simply skim over the sea's and oceans of the world, so all shipping must keep out of the danger path.

It is also possible to construct a super dooper massive flywheel 200 miles in diameter that would supply the whole world with electrical power, but first things first, ay.

I'm also designing a massive clockwork motor too, with which to replace gigantic flywheels, as I feel they will be safer but am having winding up trouble, clockwork springs get harder to wind as they're wound up and I fear that insufficient man and beast power would be available to ever exert enough power on a giant key to fully wind the spring.

So, here you have it. Your power of the future. closedeyes.gif

• Greenie 3

When the sun packs it in for good, we will have been burned to a crisp long before.

Not necessarily, as long as the the other planets in our system remain buzzing around in their same orbits. The solar winds might divert and curve the rays away from us to supply other inhabited planets that have not got flywheels and are in more need.

Are you selling shares in Global Bizzpower ?

Nope, I'm dong it for free, for the benefit of all mankind.

Dear Mr Bizzard,

What an exciting prospect..gigantic friction powered cars..cos I guess that would be the next logical step from your plan.

Regards

Patty

Professor Bizzard apologizes for the inconvenience as he has taken to his bed to rest his overworked brain, but says he will reply to all queries and questions later when he gets up and visits the toilet as he says he reckons sitting on the lav in peace and safety helps his brain to revive and cultivates and focus's his imagination more finely.

Satchidanander, ships cat.

Edited by bizzard

I'm also designing a massive clockwork motor too, with which to replace gigantic flywheels, as I feel they will be safer but am having winding up trouble, clockwork springs get harder to wind as they're wound up and I fear that insufficient man and beast power would be available to ever exert enough power on a giant key to fully wind the spring.

"Give me a lever and a place to stand and I will move the earth." Archimedes

You need to ditch the key and think in terms of a very long lever on a ratchet. You could even design it along the lines of a catapult where the lever is cranked down then released.

For future generations when the world has run out of all forms of fuels, including, oil gas, coal, wood and uranium to fuel power stations and the sun finally gets the ump and won't let us have solar rays anymore,'and it will', mark my words, and everything powered by electricity packs it in for good.

I expect most folk remember the friction motors in toy cars of yesteryear which used a flywheels inertia to propel it along once shoved off by hand. Well, my plan is to provide the whole world with electricity without the use of any fossil, nuclear or solar and is based on those simple little toys.

Without a doubt gigantic flywheels, will be the only method of generating electrical power, When I say gigantic I really mean, hugely and unbelievably gigantic, too gigantic to believe, in fact you're all going to say 'Its impossible'', but is it? Yes flywheels driving generators instead of what did it in the past.

Going back to ''gigantic''. Take one flywheel, the dimensions of which to provide enough electricity for say the whole of the UK and enable it to have enough inertia and reasonable endurance to spin for a decently long time before slowing down and stopping would be, (roughly, might I add)........

Flywheel diameter= 3 miles and 3.1/2 inches.

Thickness= 1/2 mile and 2''.

Flywheel casting- 27 million tons of ready mix concrete.

Flywheel axle diameter diameter= 103 yds.'

Axle length=3/4 mile.

Axle bearings ID= 103 yds and 10 thou.

Flywheel balance weights= Many tons of anodes fixed where needed.

These dimension are carefully, painstakingly and scientifically worked out on a fag packet to be viable, safe, practical and successful. Now the explanations done lets get the flywheel mounted, though that's just the beginning.

Foreseeing into the future we must be ready and steady for when all the present methods of generating electricity shuts down for good, and no good just waiting for it to happen and just hoping for the best in the traditional English fashion.

So, for that reason, the flywheel will have to be constructed immediately to enable it to be spun up to 152,000 rpm, which will be amply fast enough to provide enough power to last the UK. Now, I have to give an approximate endurance time for this as its not been done before and who knows what electrical gadgets folk are going to use ect, but I won't be far wrong in guessing 3 years 2 months, 6 days, 2 hours and 1.1/2 mins, I'm afraid that's as precise as I dare be.

Naturally your all going to say ''what happens when it stops and the lights go out'', well that's quite a simple question to answer. TWO flywheels are constructed, whilst one is working the second is being wound up to speed and be ready to take over, simple.

The matter of winding them up to speed is also quite simple but will require a lot of energy to do so. To begin with it can be wound up to speed by the present use of electrical power, electric motors suitably geared up to it, as can steam engines, diesel engines ect. But when these resources become redundant through lack of fuels it'll be down to man and animal power, thousands and thousands of em poking it around with sticks and winding handles,'so don't throw yer locking windlass away, as they will be needed to fit the standard tapered lock paddle spindle size that I intend to use. I've prudently judged that it will take approximately 3 years or so to wind it up to full speed by man and beast power when the generators can be clutched in. If the flywheels are perfectly in balance and their bearings well oiled they should begin to rotate at the touch of a finger. Note, severe penalties will be imposed if anyone is caught sharpening their kitchen knives or scissors on the flywheel and wasting the winders energy.

I shall leave the simple jobs of the connecting up of suitably sized generators- alternators and electrical network to others as that simple job is way below my extraordinary talents and I will have enough to do dealing with 'the flywheel'

I'd better mention this. There will be one slight bit of danger with this gigantic flywheel. In the event of it possibly suffering 'bearing failure' when rotating at high revs and suddenly leaping off its bearing blocks and rampaging off around the globe, laying everything to waste in its path and razing everything to the ground in its headlong ramble. In the event of this happening a fenced off dedicated safety path of 1 mile in width, encircling the whole planet should be made where everyone, for their own safety be

kept out of until after about 701 and a bit circumnavigations of the globe have been completed and the flywheel looses its inertia, keels over and dies. It will simply skim over the sea's and oceans of the world, so all shipping must keep out of the danger path.

It is also possible to construct a super dooper massive flywheel 200 miles in diameter that would supply the whole world with electrical power, but first things first, ay.

Mr Bizzard i believe you need a checkup from the neckup.

Dr Bizz, I am worried that the gyroscopic effect of your flywheel will cause the earth to continue in a straight line and leave the solar system. Are my fears unjustified or should I continue to hide in the cupboard?

But if we leave the solar system we will know for certain "If anybodies there"

"Give me a lever and a place to stand and I will move the earth." Archimedes

You need to ditch the key and think in terms of a very long lever on a ratchet. You could even design it along the lines of a catapult where the lever is cranked down then released.

But I like keys, I was brought up with keys they hold a lot of nostalgia for me. What with cold keys shoved down my neck to stem nose bleeds. Even when traveling by steam strain as a kid, when it stopped in the middle of nowhere at danger signals I was always told that the engines clockwork spring had run down and that the driver had got down to wind it up again. If the stop was overlong I was told the he had lost the key and at that suggestion I wanted to get out and help look for it. The lever is a good idea but I WANT A KEY!! to wind it. In fact I really, really do love keys.

Dr Bizz, I am worried that the gyroscopic effect of your flywheel will cause the earth to continue in a straight line and leave the solar system. Are my fears unjustified or should I continue to hide in the cupboard?

Yes that might happen. Two flywheels on the axle rotating in opposite directions should fix that. I'm more concerned about large birds like Eagles and ducks pooping on it and throwing it out of balance. If this was to occur a massive vibration would be the result, so massive that the whole planet Earth would shake and judder terribly, simulating a massive global earthquack that would cause peoples false teeth to shatter and full out and rabbits to hop higher than normal.

He is also in detailed negotiations with the chap who's video is in the VW topic!

I'm afraid I've not enough Gorillabites left to watch it.

Mr Bizzard i believe you need a checkup from the neckup.

sad.pngsad.pngmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif .

I saw something similar on a smaller scale back in the early 80s, a building had a large (250 ton?) flywheel in the basement as part of an uninterruptible power system, the flywheel was kept spinning and the stored energy would power the entire building for the time between the mains supply failing and the backup generators kicking in. I believe they did away with it after buying newer backup generators with faster start-up time.

The future will be powered by liquid thorium molten salt reactors, in 100 years time everyone will have their own personal reactor!

Mr BizzardWhizzGrandPooBar, sadly I see a flaw in your otherwise masterful plan.

There will be no oil to lubricate the axles...

... I will have burnt it to keep warm.

Tony

Tons and tons of oil will have to be collected and hidden, locked away in secret somewhere beforehand, whilst the Flywheel is under construction. If that runs out bacon fat will have to do the job.

But if we leave the solar system we will know for certain "If anybodies there"

Yes but if the giant flywheel were to leap off its bearing and careering off around the globe its sheer speed once its stopped skidding and accelerated to an unimaginable speed it might take off into space and wipe anyone out there out.

Its bearings are my biggest problem. Bearing manufacturers are very cagey about tackling the job and are insisting that their experteeze and plant is not big and extensive enough, which I think is nonsense, they're just nervous of the challenge and in a stew.

Edited by bizzard

I saw something similar on a smaller scale back in the early 80s, a building had a large (250 ton?) flywheel in the basement as part of an uninterruptible power system, theT flywheel was kept spinning and the stored energy would power the entire building for the time between the mains supply failing and the backup generators kicking in. I believe they did away with it after buying newer backup generators with faster start-up time.

The future will be powered by liquid thorium molten salt reactors, in 100 years time everyone will have their own personal reactor!

The flywheel was very sensible. In 100 years time I predict that everything will be rubber band powered, like the old model aeroplanes. Big installations like power stations will have have miles and miles of elastic bands all joined together and twisted and twisted and twister to trap their powers, their untwisting to deliver the power can be governed similarly to a clockwork escapement governor. The beauty of elastic bands is that they are obtainable in abundance free of charge by hanging about around letter and postboxes after collections and deliveries have been made.

Tons and tons of oil will have to be collected and hidden, locked away in secret somewhere beforehand, whilst the Flywheel is under construction. If that runs out bacon fat will have to do the job.

pigs will become extinct..crises..no more bacon butties

pigs will become extinct..crises..no more bacon butties

No cause for alarm patty-ann, pigs won't be slaughtered purely for their rich lubricating fat. The fat will be collected by a specially trained WBFC technician from households frying pans every day after breakfast has been cooked and after the butties have been made and eaten. The public will also be instructed to save the oil from sardine tins as well.

There's just one* limitation of Bizzard's Grand Plan. The huge flywheel will have to be sited at the North Pole**, otherwise the rotation of the earth will cause the flywheel to experience tremendous precession forces which will either tear it off its mounts, or destabilise the earth's rotation and cause us all to fly off the surface.

*Well, at least one.

*It could equally be sited at the South Pole, but there's no-one clever enough south of the Equator to keep it going.

FAO The Editor

Sawbridgeworth and Bobbingworth Gazette

Dear Sir,

I must protest at your publication of such unfounded and scandalous statements concerning

the alleged impracticalities of the great Mr Bizzards inventions.

I would have you know, that having followed his ideas for many years I have been saved from near death many times.

Totally appalled of Bishops |Stortford