Welding Near Middlewich

Featured Posts

I vaguely remember that there was supposed to be somebody at Middlewich who was good at welding on boats, but I don't remember the name and I understand that there have been some changes to companies in this area. Is there still a welder of repute here and if so, what is his name & company?

I'm a bit cautious as the last piece of welding I had done was a disaster, heavily distorted in 2 planes.

Swanley Marina and Aqueduct Marina, both have welders available

But are they any good?

I've had 2 welding jobs done from one place, not either of the above, the small one was excellent and the second bigger one was bad and will cost me several hundred £s to replace the materials to have it done again.

Is the place directly opposite the junction any good?

Aqueduct Marina now employ Rob Adair. I have had welding work done by him and his work is excellent. I would have no problem going back to him and he would be my first call for competent boat welding. Just make sure your welding is done by Rob!

ETA: I have also had welding done by Steve Wedgwood at the place opposite the junction. Again I would be happy to have work done by him again.

Edited by dor

I had some welding work done at Aqueduct some 6 years ago --- very poor and expensive!! Had some done recently by Danny at Swanley - Very good, first class engineer and reasonable prices. No affiliations to either, just my experiences.

Aqueduct Marina didn't employ a welder six years ago (the marina itself had barely been open a year). I'm not saying you didn't have it done there, just that the welder would have been a third party.