inverter and generator

Featured Posts

The SSL 3000 should be powered from a 12v DC source. From your description it sounds like your powering it from your generators (not pure sine wave) 240V AC output. If this is the case then the SSL 3000 is almost certainly now goosed.

Edited by Flyboy

Frame generators are renown for the poor output waveshape and its likely your Powermaster is rejecting the input for this reason. The waveform check on incoming AC controlled by B2-06 setting and various voltage checks can be changed though under the B2 menu options.

The manual downloadable here explains how.

The SSL 3000 should be powered from a 12v DC source. From your description it sounds like your powering it from your generators (not pure sine wave) 240V AC output. If this is the case then the SSL 3000 is almost certainly now goosed.

im plugging into the shore socket that the previous owner hooked into on the mains for two years 240v no problems

The inverter is not goosed and works fine ..?

The SSL 3000 should be powered from a 12v DC source. From your description it sounds like your powering it from your generators (not pure sine wave) 240V AC output.

Its not at all clear, and I have not looked up the details of the device, but I presume its a combi inverter-charge?

Daniel

If you check you will see the OP's Powermaster is an uninterruptable power supply taking mains AC to charge batteries and pass through unit to other AC loads, OR automatically continue to supply AC from its own inverter fed by batteries.

Frame generators are renown for the poor output waveshape and its likely your Powermaster is rejecting the input for this reason. The waveform check on incoming AC controlled by B2-06 setting and various voltage checks can be changed though under the B2 menu options.

The manual downloadable here explains how.

yes thank you for that Thumper

I have the manual and read exactly that however is it me or is the manual not very user friendly

This is incorrect.

Well, it's half correct. The 12V side should be connected to the batteries but the 240V input should be connected to mains or other sine wave source.

Its not at all clear, and I have not looked up the details of the device, but I presume its a combi inverter-charge?

Daniel

yes it charges batteries . It also controls my solar panels , and Ship to shore AC

I know it used to accept waveform with a honda ex650 because that was used by previous owner

This is incorrect.

Well, it's half correct. The 12V side should be connected to the batteries but the 240V input should be connected to mains or other sine wave source.

So do i need a Sine wave genny ? or can i alter the settings like thumper said?

yes thank you for that Thumper

I have the manual and read exactly that however is it me or is the manual not very user friendly

To me it seems reasonably clear although outstandingly complex to work your way through the massive number of programmable options.

Like I said try and find the B2 options and turn off B2-06 setting (waveform check) which is on by default, as a start.

To me it seems reasonably clear although outstandingly complex to work your way through the massive number of programmable options.

Play with the settings - you can't break it and hopefully that'll work smile.png

Like I said try and find the B2 options and turn off B2-06 setting (waveform check) which is on by default, as a start.

Thanks everyone for your time

Its best to ask before blowing anything i value your inputs ill get B2 06 terminated