PROJECT BOAT ADVICE

Featured Posts

Hi EVERYONE.help.gif

WE FINALLY PURCHASED OUR PROJECT B0AT. WE WERE JUST WONDERING WHAT THICKNESS OF INSULATION IS NORMALLY REQUIRED USING INSULATION SLABS. ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW THE BEST PLACES TO BUY THINGS LIKE SECOND HAND WINDOWS(PORTHOLES.) WE ARE IN THE CHESHIRE AREA.

ANY HELP AND ADVICE WOULD BE MOST GRATEFULLY RECEIVED.

THANK YOUclapping.gif

I hope this is more acceptable Delta9.biggrin.png

Hi everyone

We finally purchase our project boat. We were just wondering what thickness of insulation is normally required using insulation slabs. Also does anyone know the best places to buy things like second hand windows (portholes). We are in the Cheshire are.

Any help and advice would be most gratefully received.

Thank you

My only thoughts on insulation .......use the thickest that you can accommodate sensibly and make sure everything is insulated including frames. The more attention you pay to careful insulation and sealing tightly to prevent condensation the more comfortable home you will end up living in. good luck cheers John

You can get the interior spray foamed. It is warn in winter and cool in summer, but not a DIY job, though they will come to you.

I have it and am pleased.

I assumed that OP knew that but your post demonstrated to me that I shouldn't make assumptions :)

I assumed that OP knew that but your post demonstrated to me that I shouldn't make assumptions smile.png

Your assumption was probably correct, but if not it would be a shame if he did not consider the option.

Added

If you do use the can stuff to fill in the gaps, it costs more but I only ever use the pink fire retardant stuff. The cheaper yellow stuff burns quickly and gives of toxic fumes.

Edited by Chewbacka

If you do use the can stuff to fill in the gaps, it costs more but I only ever use the pink fire retardant stuff. The cheaper yellow stuff burns quickly and gives of toxic fumes.

From memory, it's nicer to work with too

Richard

Hi Lea,s

Give Richard Darby a ring on 07796318682,he will Sprayfoam your boat to a high standard with minimal cutting back,used him loads of times and found his price and work very good indeed,he is quite local for a Cheshire location.

Good Luck