E-Canal maps on android

Arthur Marshall

Featured Posts

Do they work OK? I've got an old Samsung Tab 3 and they're very slow, virtually unusable. As I've got them, I'd like to be able to use them.

As in they only work off 3g I take it?

ONLY SUITABLE FOR COMPATIBLE ANDROID DEVICES: requires Android 2.3.6 or later; also at least 12.8 Mb of AVAILABLE internal (RAM) memory plus an additional minimum 1.4 GigaBytes of either internal memory or on external SD card. Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
e-canalmapps operate 'off-line' and contain considerable amounts of valuable data, so PLEASE make sure your device is compliant before trying to download. DO NOT try to download using 3G; download requires a wifi connection since once installed and on opening, the app will then download the maps which can take up to 30 minutes.

Samsung tablet and Samsung S5 mini.

How long have you had the app? When I first bought mine it was c**p. After trying, without success, to get it to work properly I gave up and wrote it off to experience. Months later at Crick I came across the fellow selling it. He told me that it was rubbish on Android tablets and that an update was due out.and that he would send it to me ASAP. He sent it, I loaded it and it works reasonably well. I still prefer paper guides but that's just me.

Frank

Works on my Lenovo 3000.

So much so , that i used it too much and it fell onto the cockpit floor and cracked the screen. Still works!

If your having problems , get in contact with the owners. there are very helpfull and reply quite quickly.

One lives in Braunston close to the Marina!

Nipper

Works on my Lenovo 3000.

So much so , that i used it too much and it fell onto the cockpit floor and cracked the screen. Still works!

If your having problems , get in contact with the owners. there are very helpfull and reply quite quickly.

One lives in Braunston close to the Marina!

Nipper

Yep. He's a nice guy. I took my phone to him last summer when moored there. Couple of hours later, he rang me to pick it up, and works brilliantly now. He sends me updates via email now and again.

I will add, it's much simpler to use on a tab. Really fiddly on the phone.

Yep. He's a nice guy. I took my phone to him last summer when moored there. Couple of hours later, he rang me to pick it up, and works brilliantly now. He sends me updates via email now and again.

Yes the program is fiddly on a phone. I went to him when my Defy wouldnt work the program after E-map upgraded it. It was a hard job to use the e-map on that little screen, try as we might it wouldn't work.

So dumped the old defy and got a modern Ericsson and away we went.it has worked on every device i have and have had.

A good program, but it didn't stop me from going passed the Brentford entrance when coming off the Thames last year.

It was saying the entrance was there and showing me, but the run of the tide and my concentration pushed me passed it. But with a bit of reving and the helm hard over i managed to miss that bouy oposite the entrance and slide in!

Nipper

Yes the program is fiddly on a phone. I went to him when my Defy wouldnt work the program after E-map upgraded it. It was a hard job to use the e-map on that little screen, try as we might it wouldn't work.

So dumped the old defy and got a modern Ericsson and away we went.it has worked on every device i have and have had.

A good program, but it didn't stop me from going passed the Brentford entrance when coming off the Thames last year.

It was saying the entrance was there and showing me, but the run of the tide and my concentration pushed me passed it. But with a bit of reving and the helm hard over i managed to miss that bouy oposite the entrance and slide in!

Nipper

Lol lol. I always go past and turn, then come back up. I've seen too many going down sideways.

I did contact him several times but he had no idea why it wouldn't work. It won't go online to download the maps, just stops at the splash screen.

No problems using it on the following:

Samsung Note 8 (Android Ver 4?)

Samsung Note 10 & 10.1 (Android Ver 3 to 4?)

Samsung Note 12.2 (Android Ver 4.2.2)

Samsung Tab A (Android Ver 5.0.2) -current device

Maybe you need to do a factory re-install on your Lenovo, time consuming re-installing all your apps, but has been known to resolve other computer /tablet issues.

I had that with my Sony. I had to wait for Sony to send an upgrade.

Which tab 3 is it?

Not sure. It works, but very slow to respond.

Maybe you need to do a factory re-install on your Lenovo, time consuming re-installing all your apps, but has been known to resolve other computer /tablet issues.

Did the factory reset, swore mightily when it made no difference. Had qite a correspondence with the seller but we gave up in the end. Shame as the battery in the Lenovo lasts for weeks! Edited by Arthur Marshall

I did contact him several times but he had no idea why it wouldn't work. It won't go online to download the maps, just stops at the splash screen.

He is not at all well at the moment and posted this on Facebook, today he posted his op had been posponed.

Been a bit quiet of late (and this won't get any better for some time smile emoticon but it's been a somewhat interesting month and highly recommended.... following gastroscopy and colonoscopy, diagnosed with bowel cancer and having extended right hemicolectomy, a somewhat grand name for being hung, drawn and quartered.... well drawn anyway. Now got cold and chest infection.... but still smiling! wonder what next? but looking forward to the enforced R&R ... smooch time, so little to do

It does say on the site that it may run slow on tablets due to the slow screen refresh. Still useful for planning cruises and for what's in the area. I suppose I ought to sit down and put the locks and at least some of the bridge numbers on an OpenStreet Map thing. Must be a way...

It does say on the site that it may run slow on tablets due to the slow screen refresh. Still useful for planning cruises and for what's in the area. I suppose I ought to sit down and put the locks and at least some of the bridge numbers on an OpenStreet Map thing. Must be a way...

Do you mean like this?

No problems using it on the following:

Samsung Note 8 (Android Ver 4?)

Samsung Note 10 & 10.1 (Android Ver 3 to 4?)

Samsung Note 12.2 (Android Ver 4.2.2)

Samsung Tab A (Android Ver 5.0.2) -current device

Works great on my Motorola zoom.

Um, I just open it. I use Chrome browser on 7 inch Google Nexus or on my Google Nexus 6 phone. Can't speak for Apple stuff, though I don't see why it should be a problem, after all it's just a web page.

Ah - I was trying to use the OSM file offline. Sorted ! Edited by Arthur Marshall

Ah - I was trying to use the OSM file offline. Sorted !

Oh sorry, didn't twig that one. blush.png

I edit with JOSM but I don't know if that's usable on a tablet.To display the data you can use Maperitive. The map is generated by Mapnik on my server here running Ubuntu.

The MapsMarker overlay is separate but I could get the current data for you if you wish.

Edited by Richard West

Oh sorry, didn't twig that one. blush.png

I edit with JOSM but I don't know if that's usable on a tablet.To display the data you can use Maperitive. The map is generated by Mapnik on my server here running Ubuntu.

The MapsMarker overlay is separate but I could get the current data for you if you wish.

No, that's fine - my error.