Great 30 rolling contract data only sim deal.

johnmck

Featured Posts

I have been in it since its inception, thank you. If you like your electronic toys and gimmicks, by all means play with them, but not everyone will want to join you. I do not feel the need for a Satnav on the boat and I certainly don't want to take a computer on board.

Come, come, Athy. I never mentioned Satnav on the boat. My £50 Windows phone has excellent Satnav, and I use it in the car.

None of what I have mentioned is a toy or a gimmick, and apart from the Othello thing, none of them are for playing with.

Do you have a stove and a kettle on board, or do you eschew that sort of technology too? Into the mind's eye wafts a picture of Athy, clad in fur, and crouching on the towpath trying to light a fire with two sticks.

Come, come, Athy. I never mentioned Satnav on the boat. My £50 Windows phone has excellent Satnav, and I use it in the car.

None of what I have mentioned is a toy or a gimmick, and apart from the Othello thing, none of them are for playing with.

Do you have a stove and a kettle on board, or do you eschew that sort of technology too? Into the mind's eye wafts a picture of Athy, clad in fur, and crouching on the towpath trying to light a fire with two sticks.

We were discussing the use of technical devices on boats, hence my inference. I do not drive; Mrs. Athy does, but her new car is fitted with a Satnav. Of course these smart phones are toys and gimmicks: no one actually NEEDS one.

Into the mind's eye wafts a picture of Athy raising his two sticks in V formation at George.

I started this topic for the information of those who use mobile data. This is a cracking deal only available for a few days.

If I have offended, sorry.

I too am a technophobe, but life in the modern world, without internet, can be difficult.

I started this topic for the information of those who use mobile data. This is a cracking deal only available for a few days.

If I have offended, sorry.

I too am a technophobe, but life in the modern world, without internet, can be difficult.

I can't see any way in which you could have offended anyone, and for those who are interested in electronic devices, the information you gave will be useful.

I will add that for a technophobe you have a very firm grasp of technical jargon!

Edited by Athy

We were discussing the use of technical devices on boats, hence my inference. I do not drive; Mrs. Athy does, but her new car is fitted with a Satnav. Of course these smart phones are toys and gimmicks: no one actually NEEDS one.

Into the mind's eye wafts a picture of Athy raising his two sticks in V formation at George.

OK. So to replace my phone, I would have to buy a book of tide tables, spend time listening to weather reports, then writing them down so I don't forget, buy a road atlas every year or two, or buy a newish car solely to get a Satnav, etc., etc..

Yes, I could get by without the £50 smartphone, but at the cost of greater expenditure and lots of time spent doing things inefficiently.

Your approach wastes time and money, but apparently keeps you happy. That's fine, but please don't keep saying a smartphone is a gimmick and a toy. It's not, as you would know if you had one.

Your approach wastes time and money, but apparently keeps you happy. That's fine, but please don't keep saying a smartphone is a gimmick and a toy. It's not, as you would know if you had one.

No - it doesn't waste money because I haven't bought the smart-phone.

If it's not a gimmick, how did you survive without one for the first however-many decades of your life? Did you spend years thinking "Gosh, how I wish someone would invent a telephone which I could carry around and which would do lots of things that I didn't need it to"? I doubt it.

No - it doesn't waste money because I haven't bought the smart-phone.

If it's not a gimmick, how did you survive without one for the first however-many decades of your life? Did you spend years thinking "Gosh, how I wish someone would invent a telephone which I could carry around and which would do lots of things that I didn't need it to"? I doubt it.

You are being uncharacteristically silly today, Athy. Feeling out of sorts?

My father could remember trundling around Africa on an ox-wagon. It worked, but when cars came along people got rid of their oxen and their wagons, and bought cars. Why? Because they were better. Even your wife drives a car, from what you were saying. Ask her some time if she would prefer sixteen oxen and a bloomin' great wagon.

It is the same with smart-phones. Kids use them to play games and music; adults find more serious uses. They are not indispensible, but they save a lot of time and hassle.

And even the more expensive ones cost less than you would pay to obtain the same functionality in another way.

You are being uncharacteristically silly today, Athy. Feeling out of sorts?

What do you mean "uncharacteristically"? How dare you? Nope, I'm having a great weekend, aided by England's resounding victory, and having fun on here. Is that outmoded also?

What do you mean "uncharacteristically"? How dare you? Nope, I'm having a great weekend, aided by England's resounding victory, and having fun on here. Is that outmoded also?

As long as you leave this world with no regrets regarding things you could have done but didn't, you, and all of us, are entitled to live our lives as we choose - with or without technology, or various bits of it.

Populations

England - 53 million

Scotland - 5.3 million

Ratio - 10:1

Scores

England - 15

Scotland - 9

Ratio - Under 2:1

Conclusion: Scotland did much better than England

Populations

England - 53 million

Scotland - 5.3 million

Ratio - 10:1

Scores

England - 15

Scotland - 9

Ratio - Under 2:1

Conclusion: Scotland did much better than England

Wrong match.

England - 53 million.

South Africa - 53 million.

England won by 5 wickets.

Conclusion: England did much better than the Yarpies.

Wrong match.

England - 53 million.

South Africa - 53 million.

England won by 5 wickets.

Conclusion: England did much better than the Yarpies.

Number of people who can afford a cricket bat in England - 53 million

Number of people who can afford a cricket bat in South Africa - 0.53 million

Conclusion - England should be ashamed of themselves

ETA: You mentioned wickets, so I assume you meant cricket. I am not a great follower of ball games.

Edited by George94

Number of people who can afford a cricket bat in England - 53 million

Number of people who can afford a cricket bat in South Africa - 0.53 million

Conclusion - England should be ashamed of themselves

ETA: You mentioned wickets, so I assume you meant cricket. I am not a great follower of ball games.

Very good. Do I detect that you are from North of the border?

Unless I'm mistaken, rugby is played with a ball, although much of the time the men get in the way of it.

Very good. Do I detect that you are from North of the border?

Unless I'm mistaken, rugby is played with a ball, although much of the time the men get in the way of it.

Yes, indeed, Sherlock. But I am a Union Scot, not a secessionist, and would have responded in similar vein had Scotland been playing San Marino.

I looked up the first match, which is how I knew it was Rugby and didn't have to guess.

Many people, asked to define a ball, would use the word spherical. So whether the object that is kicked legitimately in Rugby is really a ball remains a moot point. It is certainly arguable that you are mistaken, though I would not go so far as to say very much. Custom and practice are on your side.

I am not sure what a rugby ball could be called, were it not called a ball. "Ovoid"? Our cousins across the big pond also seem convinced that the thing with which they play "football" is a ball.

I hope you are not relying on the United States Of Part Of North America to provide guidance on the English language.

However, I agree that English lacks a suitable term, unless we fall back on bladder.

I hope you are not relying on the United States Of Part Of North America to provide guidance on the English language.

Aw shucks, no.

However, I agree that English lacks a suitable term, unless we fall back on bladder.

Sounds damned uncomfortable (depending on whose bladder it is).

Come to think of it, when I was a boy I sometimes heard a (foot)ball called a "pill". This may be a more appropriate term for the thing usually seen under a heap of bodies on the rugby field.

Edited by Athy

Aw shucks, no.

Sounds damned uncomfortable (depending on whose bladder it is).

Come to think of it, when I was a boy I sometimes head a (foot)ball called a "pill". This may be a more appropriate term for the thing usually seen under a heap of bodies on the rugby field.

Indeed. Pill was used to describe a ball, and pills....

As an attempt, although maybe an uphill battle, to get this thread back onto some sort of topic started my the OP.

EE also do a deal of 50gb for the sum of £25.50. But over 24 months. Not as good as the deal above, but still doable.

I have a 3 contract for Wifi, but to be honest, using those free Sims from EE, I can say that I have had far better broadband all the way from Godalming in Surrey to Ellesmere where i am now than 3.

3 seem to have slipped down the scale from very good to not bad, in my book!

Anyway, sorry for the interruption, you are free now to carry on discussing whatever you were discussing!biggrin.png

Nipper

Edited to add a smiley in case someone took umbrage and decided to start an argument!

Edited by nipper

Just a reminder. This sim deal closes on the 9th.

Yes that's forced me to take one!

I still have two unused christmas sims but I don't think they will activate in a months and three months time :(

My new sim will start 4th march lets see if the xmas sims still work then.

Yes , It's a good deal by the looks of it!

But, I am torn between this deal and the other EE deal of 50GB for the price of £27.50.

But this is for 24 months which could be the deal breaker!

With my EE free Sim I am getting 24.51mbps on the download and 4.41mbps on the upload and with my 3 Sim on Wifi I am getting nothing and wont connect!

I expect i will make the decision over the next few hours.

Nipper