Canal going downhill

bassplayer

Featured Posts

Yes I felt like I was going uphill on certain sections of the Kennet. Mind you, going against the current felt like going uphill

Going against the current you are going up hill! Unless water runs up hill down there on the bit of the map marked "here be Dragons".

• Greenie 1

I always get the feeling that I'm going downhill when going through a tunnel. Not sure how much this is a purely optical illusion and how much it might be about my brain trying to process/interpret what's happening as being a descent into a dark underground space. I think I've experienced the effect out in the open too, maybe to a lesser extent, but I couldn't say where.

The four mile long Queen Adelaide straight feels like going uphill. In both directions!

It's ok at 6MPH, feet up, watching the world go by smile.png

And there is a bend half way along as well, about 5 degrees according to my doodles on Google Earth. ...

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

Anyone been to Electric Brae (hill) in Scotland - hard to believe apparently freewheeling uphill!

Yes. I've been there and it's nowhere near as dramatic as it sounds because the slope really isn't very steep at all. If you drive it without stopping there's a vague sense the engine isn't labouring as you'd expect.

Thank you everybody, I've been experiencing this all my boating life and always thought it was just me.

I have added you all to my will.

Oh no !

I'm sure I read an Agatha Christie where everyone got horribly murdered cos a will had been set up like this.

Or was it a Midsummer Murders.

Rog

Oh no !

I'm sure I read an Agatha Christie where everyone got horribly murdered cos a will had been set up like this.

Or was it a Midsummer Murders.

Rog

Called "And then there were none!" based loosely around the not PC rhyme Ten Little N***** Boys.