More Liquidation for Wilson covers

Ray tired

Featured Posts

Good of you to pop in and thanks for the information.

All credit (groan) to you for paying as you go.

Thus we may not have a super credit score.

I know the feeling and for exactly the same reason.

kinver have been to grove lock marina in bedfordshire a lot and made and fitted pramhoods to several boats here including a widebeam, also made a new cratch board and cover to the boat moored next to me. everyone looks excellent and well made.

hope you guys are looking after the nice lady moored near the globe inn ? I took her to the marina to show her the standard of your work

well done

Bruce

Do you know something that no one else knows, Kinver Canopies as far as most of us know is a company set up by ex employees of Wilson and is not connected in anyway whatsoever.

Sorry to be slow coming back, been out all day.

Didn't mean to suggest any formal link between KC and the other two, just that they are, as it were, descended from the original company. Bit like boat builders who work for an established builder then set up on their own.

Glad to hear that KC is flourishing, they deserve to succeed.

Popping Kinver canopies into my credit check advises that no credit should be given to them...

Ian.

When I ordered a canopy off them for Juno they didn't ask for any - I paid them nothing until the canopy was fitted. It was easy enough, they came to my boat fitted it and I gave them a cheque before they left.

Given I'm less than ten miles from Mastercover and over a hundred from Kinver I felt KC were impressive indeed.

Hi, All

Just to let you know... ALL IS FINE HERE smile.png

We have also spoken to one of the Guys who works/worked for Wilsons and he has confirmed that they are folding and has been told this time they may well be out of the business for good. ( but wait and see)

Having a quick read through the posts and you are quite right. We have lapsed in getting back to people due to the work load we have on..

At the current moment in time we are training 'Sue' in all aspects of the job before moving her full time into the office. This is to give people confidence when they phone up that they can talk to someone with knowledge about the product instead of a glorified answer phone.

We have two new guys who will also be shadowing Scott and myself for a couple of years before we let them out there on their own.

To learn the skills required (to our standards) takes time.

Whilst this is happening there is of course a transition period. So slowly but surely we will be improving our communication as we will have more time to spare.

Our apologies to anyone who has been let done slightly but we do endeavour to make everyone happy in the end.

We are a very truthful, proud and up front company with nothing to hide.

NOW

"Popping Kinver canopies into my credit check advises that no credit should be given to them..."

We don't have credit on any of our goods. we started with nothing and purchased our first roll of material on my credit card then paid it off straight away.

As soon as we could afford to buy stock we did... we owe nothing. We pay as we order. Thus we may not have a super credit score. Our suppliers do offer it but we say no thanks.

1. You can sleep better at night

2. What's yours is yours.

3. If the worst case did every happen. we would be happy in the knowledge that we haven't let anyone suffer due to our lose. ( but I hope that day never comes).

Hope that clears it all up. We really look forward to seeing you all at crick as we had great fun last year (Where we'll have balloons, pens,ipad pointers and beer to give away).

Ange, we'll call you tomorrow wink.png

MJG, It's on the house wink.png

Happy Sunday all.

boat.gif

Good reply.

I've just emailed you an enquiry for a new cover for my boat.

• 1 month later...

Hi, All

We have also spoken to one of the Guys who works/worked for Wilsons and he has confirmed that they are folding and has been told this time they may well be out of the business for good. ( but wait and see)

Having a quick read through the posts and you are quite right. We have lapsed in getting back to people due to the work load we have on..

At the current moment in time we are training 'Sue' in all aspects of the job before moving her full time into the office. This is to give people confidence when they phone up that they can talk to someone with knowledge about the product instead of a glorified answer phone.

We have two new guys who will also be shadowing Scott and myself for a couple of years before we let them out there on their own.

Whilst this is happening there is of course a transition period. So slowly but surely we will be improving our communication as we will have more time to spare.

Our apologies to anyone who has been let done slightly but we do endeavour to make everyone happy in the end.

NOW

"Popping Kinver canopies into my credit check advises that no credit should be given to them..."

We don't have credit on any of our goods. we started with nothing and purchased our first roll of material on my credit card then paid it off straight away.

As soon as we could afford to buy stock we did... we owe nothing. We pay as we order. Thus we may not have a super credit score. Our suppliers do offer it but we say no thanks.

3. If the worst case did every happen. we would be happy in the knowledge that we haven't let anyone suffer due to our lose. ( but I hope that day never comes).

Hope that clears it all up. We really look forward to seeing you all at crick as we had great fun last year (Where we'll have balloons, pens,ipad pointers and beer to give away).

Ange, we'll call you tomorrow wink.png

MJG, It's on the house wink.png

Happy Sunday all.

boat.gif

Good Luck to you.

I always had great workmanship from the old mob and the workers were also great, but the Admin & PR left much to be desired, it took a year for my last job to be completed.

I started my business the same way as you have, (I was out of work) one roll of fabric at a time, then soon up to 5.

It is the hard way, but the best.

Sold up 8 years ago and now living very nicely thank you, off all that hard work.

So again good luck! But look out for the financials at the end of the second year.

Hi, All

Just to let you know... ALL IS FINE HERE :)

Glad to hear it. Theses guys did a cratch cover & board for us a couple of years ago - they went out of their way to get it right for us,

A Happy Customer :)

Hi, All

Just to let you know... ALL IS FINE HERE :)

NOW

Ange, we'll call you tomorrow ;)

MJG, It's on the house ;)

Happy Sunday all.

boat.gif

Thanks. That puts my mind at rest too, having heard no progress on my order for quite a while. :)

Thanks. That puts my mind at rest too, having heard no progress on my order for quite a while. smile.png

We had quite a long silent period as well but when it happened it happened fast and we're dead chuffed with the result

12742639_10208865126527452_3751637504339

The paintwork is clearly next on the list smile.png

• 6 months later...

Which one Les?

Kinver canopies or Wilsons of Kinver

Their new incarnation http://www.wilsonsupholstery.co.uk/

Maybe an e-mail, phone call will give the answer.

Edit: see above post.

Second edit: there, their. why did I not spot it before. rolleyes.gif

Edited by bottle

Kinver Canopies was formed by a couple of ex-employees of Wilsons, when the latter went belly-up last time. As far as I know there is no connection (other than the historical one) between the two now. Certainly they trade from difference addresses.

Hi

We are still trading and have never been into liquidation... We are KINVER CANOPIES....

Nothing to do with Wilsons.

Used to work there 5 years ago but have zero connection to them in any other way.

Thanks

I recently took my slightly damaged cratch cover (made originally by Wilson of Kinver), which had two small holes and one tear in it, to Kinver Canopies for repair.

Excellent service, repaired whilst I waited for a very reasonable sum.

I thoroughly recommend them.

While having work done in Spring Haven Marina, on the Coventry, we noticed a widebeam having a canopy fitted. We asked the fitter to give us a quote for a 'pramhood' canopy over the stern of our semi-trad.

When the guy saw our boat he said he knew the boat as he fitted its cratch and tonneau cover for our boat's previous owners when he worked for Wilsons. We're very happy with the quality, and they look like new after one year.

The man is now a one-man band since the demise of Wilsons. This morning we picked up our quote which is £1,150, the 'pramhood' being made in the same material as the cratch which is a shiney material, rather than a canvas material.

His details are:

Peter Roberts

email robertsbespokecanvas@gmail.com

website (tho not working for me, bad connection at the present, but could be it's not yet set up) www.robertsbespokcanvas.co.uk

facebook https://www.facebook.com/RobertsBespokeCanvas/(examples can be seen on FB

telephones 0795 60980535 / 01384 877399.

Think we're going to go with the quote, Peter's busy, but hopes to have it ready by Christmas.

Edited by Jennifer McM

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, All

After reading through this thread, I've a feeling you may have to take on a few more people too - just to cope with all the additional work you're attracting, Kinver Canopies! Good for you.

Do spend some on the office too - it's heartbreaking to see hardworking businesses doing really good work go down just 'cos they don't keep up with the paperwork.