More Liquidation for Wilson covers

Ray tired

Featured Posts

Welcome to the forum, strange first post.

This is not the first time for this company or should I say its previous guises.

i thought they went under last year

No I think that was Wilson's this is their new company Wilson's Covers.

Edited by bottle

Thanks 'Bottle' ;)

Not such a strange a first post. I've had dealings with them and am quite happy they have stopped trading. For how long we'll see.

I only posted just to let people know. I hate rouge operators as I've have had a very close friend forced into bankruptcy by companies wrapping up on him whilst still owing him a fortune then begin trading a few weeks later under another name . Its wrong and unfair.

I only hope this time they prove themselves to be above that.

Rant over.

Enjoy your weekend.

• Greenie 1

I bought a cover from them a few years ago when they were Wilson's of Kinver. It was very good and is still going strong although I no longer own the boat. Not long after that they suffered their first demise I believe.

Sadly they seem to be a serial phoenix company, which should be banned under corporate law.

It's a shame as in my experience the quality of their goods was high. Others may, however, have different experiences

Edited by Barge Maria
  • Greenie 1

My understanding is that the original company was Wilson's of Kinver. When they went belly up their employees started Kinver Canopies which as far as I know has a great reputation.

I wasn't aware of this Phoenix company (if it is)

My interest in this is that we have an order with Kinver Canopies for a new cratch cover that'll set us back the best part of £1000 - as things stand I'm happy that they are completely separate from Wilson's but any additional info would be appreciated.

My understanding is that the original company was Wilson's of Kinver. When they went belly up their employees started Kinver Canopies which as far as I know has a great reputation.

My interest in this is that we have an order with Kinver Canopies for a new cratch cover that'll set us back the best part of £1000 - as things stand I'm happy that they are completely separate from Wilson's but any additional info would be appreciated.

Kinver Canopies are of course forum members.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showuser=13897

Perhaps they might respond?

Popping Kinver canopies into my credit check advises that no credit should be given to them...

Ian.

Have you parted with any money yet

Looking at Kinver Canopies Facebook they seem to be expanding their work force. Good sign

Have you parted with any money yet

No. They've come out to us and measured up but not asked for a deposit. As far as I know we pay the money when they've done the job

My impression is that these are guys who know what they're doing but aren't particularly business savvy.

No. They've come out to us and measured up but not asked for a deposit. As far as I know we pay the money when they've done the job

If correct then I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them.

Every company I have dealt with that worked on that basis has never let me down, including one that built us a conservatory at home. They didn't take a penny until we said we were happy.

Our communications from them have fallen way short of the professionalism I'd expect from a company were planning to chuck £1000 of our hard earned money at ...

But often the professionalism comes from the folks that are going to rip you off.

I have a bit instinct about these guys

If correct then I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them.

Every company I have dealt with that worked on that basis has never let me down, including one that built us a conservatory at home. They didn't take a penny until we said we were happy.

Agreed - my thoughts are that these guys have messed up on their paperwork and not paid some bills because they're too busy making and mending canopies.

Maybe I should apply for a job :D

Edited by Ange

Our communications from them have fallen way short of the professionalism I'd expect from a company were planning to chuck £1000 of our hard earned money at ...

But often the professionalism comes from the folks that are going to rip you off.

Agreed - my thoughts are that these guys have messed up on their paperwork and not paid some bills because they're too busy making and mending canopies.

Maybe I should apply for a job :D

Yes I'd say your right about that. It is a shame so many companies with good skills and intent fail due to a lack paperwork skills.

Ian.

I think from memory it was these same guys that did a small repair on our rear canvas cover.

I emailed them a pic. of what was needed and they quoted me a price which I was happy with. I posted it to them and they fixed it after a couple of weeks. They returned it and it had been done to a very good standard.

I asked them to confirm the cost so I could pay them. They said they would invoice me by email, so I waited. After a few weeks I emailed them again and pointed out they hadn't invoiced me or details of how to pay so they said not to worry they would get onto it and send me an invoice.

That was probably about two and a half years ago now and I'm still waiting!

Yes I'd say your right about that. It is a shame so many companies with good skills and intent fail due to a lack paperwork skills.

Ian.

I think from memory it was these same guys that did a small repair on our rear canvas cover.

I emailed them a pic. of what was needed and they quoted me a price which I was happy with. I posted it to them and they fixed it after a couple of weeks. They returned it and it had been done to a very good standard.

I asked them to confirm the cost so I could pay them. They said they would invoice me by email, so I waited. After a few weeks I emailed them again and pointed out they hadn't invoiced me or details of how to pay so they said not to worry they would get onto it and send me an invoice.

That was probably about two and a half years ago now and I'm still waiting!

My father in law ran a fencing business and I tore my hair out at the lack of debtor chasing, creditor control. I did spend a bit of time trying to set out the bookkeeping but when you're dealing with folks who get their hands dirty doing the work its incredibility difficult persuading them that when they take a tenner, legitimately, out of the petty cash tin they have to first leave an IOU then come back with a receipt and what they've spent it on.

To be clear I consider my clean accountants hands infinitely inferior to those with a manual skill. I can help their business but my skill only kicks in once someone has got their hands dirty

• Greenie 1

Is the chair company different to the cover company?

Yes, there are three companies post the demise of Wilson's of Kinver. Old man Wilson still has the chair company, then there's Kinver Canopies and this one that's just died.

My father in law ran a fencing business and I tore my hair out at the lack of debtor chasing, creditor control. I did spend a bit of time trying to set out the bookkeeping but when you're dealing with folks who get their hands dirty doing the work its incredibility difficult persuading them that when they take a tenner, legitimately, out of the petty cash tin they have to first leave an IOU then come back with a receipt and what they've spent it on.

To be clear I consider my clean accountants hands infinitely inferior to those with a manual skill. I can help their business but my skill only kicks in once someone has got their hands dirty

Nicely put Ange! :)