Cheapest mooring ever???

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Perhaps not surprisingly there's a load of moorings going at Bittel Reservoir on the W&B. But one is much cheaper than the others. Maybe that's the spot where your hull get's drilled and paint thrown at you, who knows. But what a bargain:

https://www.watersidemooring.com/Mooring/Vacancies/605#berth7068

£222 for 62'

Would CRT have to honour it if someone snaps it up?

No.

I think it has long been accepted, after numerous online mispricing examples by retailers, that they will only honour it to maintain good customer relations. That probably happens less now than it used to.

I think the law is such that a displayed price is an "invitation to treat", in otherwards they are not making you an offer but are inviting you to make them an offer of the advertised price and they can then chhose not to accept it.

Well since 50' is 1800 quid at the same place, 2200 ish would seem about balanced.

I know not everyone wants to moor in a marina, but that's similar in price to many. I don't get how that much cash is justifiable for a bleak spot like that with no electric or other standard marina facilities yet still with other boats all around. You pays yer money, I guess...

Well since 50' is 1800 quid at the same place, 2200 ish would seem about balanced.

I know not everyone wants to moor in a marina, but that's similar in price to many. I don't get how that much cash is justifiable for a bleak spot like that with no electric or other standard marina facilities yet still with other boats all around. You pays yer money, I guess...

Bleak? I've always found it a beautiful spot and rather coveted a mooring there, watching the sun set over the lake. Lovely.

Bleak? I've always found it a beautiful spot and rather coveted a mooring there, watching the sun set over the lake. Lovely.

Well, maybe 'bleak' is a tad harsh Dave, but it was a fair description of when I passed there last.... in December! It is gorgeous in the summer, I'll concede. And a very good place to have a wind genny I'd imagine, but then there's no electricity so it's just as well! ;)

What's it like there today I wonder? I'd like to find out but, with Tardebigge closed without the usual middle-weekend opportunity to get through, I won't be passing again til after the March re-opening. Grrr. :(

oh dear... I just clicked on that and then thought, whilst I'm here, I'd take a quick look locally... and bugger me, The 1st choice of moorings has a vacancy... JUST when I thought we'd made a decision to try the 2nd choice...

Which I think will mean throwing away nearly 1 years mooring fees on what will be an empty spot - JUST in case... sick.gif

oh dear... I just clicked on that and then thought, whilst I'm here, I'd take a quick look locally... and bugger me, The 1st choice of moorings has a vacancy... JUST when I thought we'd made a decision to try the 2nd choice...

Which I think will mean throwing away nearly 1 years mooring fees on what will be an empty spot - JUST in case... sick.gif

Where is the mooring you don't want?