Trent Information Anyone?

Midnight

Featured Posts

Trying to plan a trip this summer but because of work commitments can only do weekends until our holiday in June.

I was hoping to get from Keadby to Newark (or at least Cromwell) in a day and whilst I have done that trip several times before, a look at the 2016 Hull tide table suggests it maybe touch and go for May 29th when high tide at Hull is 11.59am and the tide at Hull is just 6.25 metres.

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/calendar/year/2671.html

If memory serves (and it doesn't these days) I estimate we would get out of Keadby about 2pm (2 hours after high tide at Hull)?

That would leave about 8 hours of daylight to make it to Cromwell.

My log shows that I once did it on a big spring, Keadby to Cromwell in five and a half hours and in seven hours on a not-so-big spring. Then again it took two days when there was so much fresh Cromwell weir was a mere ripple. Can any of you more Trent savvy boaters let me know if it going to be possible given normal conditions.

It's very easy to stop overnight on the visitor moorings Torksey and wait for the next tide. It will add a day to the cruise but it makes it not quite such a rush.

Yes but time's a bit tight even though the next day is a bank holiday. Would settle for Cromwell

Trying to plan a trip this summer but because of work commitments can only do weekends until our holiday in June.

I was hoping to get from Keadby to Newark (or at least Cromwell) in a day and whilst I have done that trip several times before, a look at the 2016 Hull tide table suggests it maybe touch and go for May 29th when high tide at Hull is 11.59am and the tide at Hull is just 6.25 metres.

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/calendar/year/2671.html

If memory serves (and it doesn't these days) I estimate we would get out of Keadby about 2pm (2 hours after high tide at Hull)?

That would leave about 8 hours of daylight to make it to Cromwell.

My log shows that I once did it on a big spring, Keadby to Cromwell in five and a half hours and in seven hours on a not-so-big spring. Then again it took two days when there was so much fresh Cromwell weir was a mere ripple. Can any of you more Trent savvy boaters let me know if it going to be possible given normal conditions.

Unless there's a bankfull of fresh on 29 May, you'll make Newark, or further, in daylight.

Flood at Keadby that day, on small tides should be around 2 hours before HW at Hull, so you'll be away from Keadby probably around 1030 'ish, or 1100 at the latest, if it's a poor tide and C&RT have left as much mud in the lock tail as they like to do these days.

Edited by Tony Dunkley
  • Greenie 1