Live aboarders

dogless

Featured Posts

Had a boat since 2002. Been living aboard for 19 months now.

Loving it. Two good winters though, as this one seems to be being kind to us. Wouldn't mind a harsh winter, as long as Mr Weatherman gives us ample notice.

The things we put off to do in the winter have now been put off to do in the summer. Strange that.

Don't currently live aboard, am jealous of those who do but work makes it impossible for the time being and I can't afford to retire, neither could I easily re-locate my business. I'm hoping to be able to live aboard one day, although since this will depend on inheriting money it's not a hope that I would wish for any time soon.

We're just coming up to 3 years. We bought an older boat so managed to keep the house in case we didn't take to life afloat. We rent it out and the income has helped allow us to retire early. We love life afloat so much I can't see us ever going back to live there.

We're marina based because the wife likes to have a base, but we do go out for weeks and sometimes months on end. I'd love to CC all year round but the misses doesn't so I can't see this happening.

I guess you have family connection near marina. I t would be good to have a different marinana say every 2/3 years. Be good way to see system from a base. Only suit loners though unless you used a car.

Oh blimey that's bad news. Wish you a speedy recovery, assuming that's a possible outcome.

I'd be inclined to get in touch with CRT in writing if I were you. Phone calls are not worth the paper they are written on. Email is as good as snailmail, then you have a durable record you've told them what's going on.

Oh that is done - customer service is copied in as I find that generates a response

• 2 weeks later...