Water pipe runs and connections

stuart

Featured Posts

Planning the water pipe connections on my new sailaway and just wondered if it makes any difference what order the connections are made in with regard to pressure at the taps.

For instance I'm planning to put the water pump and accumulator under the fore-deck right next to the tank (connected using heavy gauge cable to avoid long volt drops).

This will then be plumbed to the bathroom shower, tap, kitchen tap then hot water cal (located in living area near engine)

I was wondering if this would have a bad effect on the pressure of the hot water - or would it make no difference?

I could easily reverse the order of the connections but I would then need to run 2 length s of pipe work (about 9m each way) down the boat which I would like to avoid.

Suggestions please :lol:

The water pump will pressurise the whole system up to the level fixed by the pressure setting on the accumulator so it makes no difference in which order you connect the taps. As Daniel says, if you open all the taps at once you will notice a drop in the flow rate at each tap because the pump will not be able to deliver enough water to meet the demand (unless you have some super-dooper pump).

I nearly suggested fitting a pump for each outlet but that's going too far. You'll survive with one.